Healthy Cereals?

Options
Any suggestions for good tasting, nutritious, and low calorie cereal? I've been eating multigrain Cheerios and Kellogg's crunchy nut.

Replies

• jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i generally stick with porridge oats and spice it up with some fruit, berries are generally the best! i tried putting a couple of squares of dark chocolate in before microwaving the other day and that tasted pretty nice too (:
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Most cold cereal isn't healthy; it's super processed and loaded with sugar and preservatives.

I usually stick to hot cereal (oatmeal) in the morning with half a scoop of protein powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flax seed. Sometimes chia seed if I remember. It leaves me feeling pretty full at about 250-300 cals depending on what's in it.
  • daeljo
    daeljo Posts: 38
    Options
    Chocolate cheerios! <3
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Many of the Kashi brand cereals have reasonably healthy nutrition stats. Their plain Go Lean Cereal has 140 calories per serving and has 13g of protein and 10g of fiber. Not bad at all when you're in a hurry in the morning.
  • katieonline
    Options
    Oh cereal.. how I miss it. Actually Ive found Cascadian Farms Organic cinnamon squares (similar to Cinnamon Toast Cruch) is low in carbs and sugar VS other cereals.. and it doesnt taste like crap. Use almond milk stay with serving sizes and its under 135 calories.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Love Kellogs crunchy Nut
  • angiebarker
    Options
    Newmans own cereals have a lot of fiber and omega 3. and they come in like 5 flavors.
    http://newmansown.com/product_list.aspx?subcategoryid=13
  • vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Shredded Wheat low fat low sugar/salt
  • helloflopsy
    Options
    Oats so Simple porridge is great! Easy to make and keeps me full till lunch! Ha ha I sound like an advert

http://quaker.co.uk/oat_so_simple
  • missle30
    missle30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Kashi go Lean cereal yesterday. With a little milk and packet of splenda it wasn't bad!
  • acrue21
    acrue21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like Total! Its loaded with Vitamins and doesn't have tons of sugar.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I eat organic whole grain cereals.
  • JustLena75
    Options
    I like the new Peanut Butter Multigrain Cheerios, 'original' Fiber One or the Fiber One with Flakes. Also I like Quaker Oatmeal Squares.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Trader joe's Bran Flakes - Best. Bran. Flake. Cereal. EVER.
    Special K Vanilla Almond, with Berries or Cinnamon Pecan - Splash with some almond milk ... total crack I tell you!
    Multigrain Cheerios - The best of all the cherrios, I think.

Other than that, I'm not much of a cereal fan. Just doesn't fill me up, but it's great as a treat. :)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I miss cereal...I ate some last week and was hungry within an hour... When I have my breakfast sandwich, Im good thru lunch.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    if i am on a health mission i tend to stick to porridge oats, with whole milk, nuts and raisins.

Or Wholemeal toast with eggs.
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't often eat cereal, but sometimes I just want it. I got for Special K protein plus. No idea if its all that great for you, but the nutrition label stats are good. =D
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Kashi GOLEAN. Love it.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I usually buy Mom's Naturals brand anything (my favorite is the Sweetened Wheatfuls for my daily fiber intake!), no preservatives or anything. It's going to have sugar, but that's no different than most hot cereals out there, unless you buy plain oatmeal. Try to go for plain things -- Cheerios, bran flakes, Chex, Crispix, etc.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Original Fiber 1 is my new fav. When my trainer put it on my diet, I seriously questioned her and I have to eat it dry. I eat it with a half a cup of blueberries and it is seriously the best part of my day.