can you meet your partner on MFP?

Options

Replies

• spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I met my BF on MFP a year ago. It was in a thread talking about King Cake (we both live in Louisiana). We started emailing back and forth, then AIM chatting, and finally met IRL on March the 10th, 2011. We have been together ever since. We live about 20 miles away from each other. We spend every weekend together, and he usually comes over one night mid-week as well.

We talk about getting married one day, though it will be at least another year or 2 before that happens. He is a very sweet guy, and I completely felt like I knew him before we met because we talked SOOO much (daily - all day long. I do software support and sit online all day, he is an IT manager and sits online all day, lol).

Good luck! Just be safe!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    Its definitely possible and most of the people on here know me...

She will be safe! I am not some weirdo :laugh:

Hahaha now people can relax that is me :)

even cuter - u will b fine hun -- have u seen his arms?!?! haha

hahaha yeah hes pretty cute :p his arms? i have. very very nice
    BUT not just going on looks, hes a great guy :)

all the best 2 u guys :o)
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hmm you could absolutely meet someone on here...no different than any other social networking site. Anything is possible, and you may just get the surprise of your life.

Just be smart and careful when meeting anyone from the internet.
  • packalpha
    Options
    so sweet and just in time for Valentine's Day... best of luck. smile
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You met your match in about a month? :noway:
    You look pretty young - be careful about who you meet online. Best to meet in a very public place.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I know some people are worried, but there is no need to be.

I am a good guy, and I will take care of her... I am not some weirdo or freak and most people know me from around the forums. I try and be a down to earth nice type of guy.

We will catch up on neutral grounds and I will take special care of her! I am a fussy person, and dont just go for anyone, but Sarah and I have been talking non-stop and we get a long. So we will meet up and see how it goes.

Please dont be alarmed guys, I am a good egg :smile:
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I think its kinda cute that you guys found each other on here and are planning to meet. Have fun!!
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    He's a nice dude, I wouldn't worry in the slightest.
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    nawwww you guys are cute =)=)=)=) gotta love first dates =)
  • dancefloordevil
    dancefloordevil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think it is possible, I have several people on my FL that has coupled up with other MFP members...
    Can't help what the heart wants...

Good Luck
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Can't help what the heart wants...

^^^Love that!!!
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Awww too cute.

Hope you guys get along as well in person as on here!

Can't wait to hear how it goes ;)
  • TurnLeftNow
    Options
    Interested in hearing how it goes. :)
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    lol i met my fiance on myspace back in the day hahaha. he tried for a year to meet me outside of myspace and i refused... now we live together, are engaged, and just celebrated our 3 year anniversary!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    oh and our first "date" aka meeting in person... we went to the mall and i brought my best friend.. and he was sad i never hugged him goodbye haha i kicked him outta my car and said LATERRR. he texted me before i even left his driveway :) and he said can i see your beautiful face tomorrow? lol and ever since then weve been together every single day!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I always find it amusing when people say " be careful ... He could be a serial killer " ! I have plenty of friends who not only met, but got married and are very happy with the person they met online. My question to the negative old schoolers is ....

Is it that much safer meeting Joe Blow at a local bar ???? Whether you meet at church, work, bar, Internet, through a friend or even in a hospital ... ( little humor there ) .... The bottom line is happiness !

Do whatever makes you happy ... Live a little ... Take chances .... Never rely on advice of people who don't even know you !

The worst part about fear ... Is never knowing what you missed out on !

PS .... Yes, I have met a great guy right here on MFP ! :wink:
  • MsTaurus30
    Options
    I always find it amusing when people say " be careful ... He could be a serial killer " ! I have plenty of friends who not only met, but got married and are very happy with the person they met online. My question to the negative old schoolers is ....

Is it that much safer meeting Joe Blow at a local bar ???? Whether you meet at church, work, bar, Internet, through a friend or even in a hospital ... ( little humor there ) .... The bottom line is happiness !

Do whatever makes you happy ... Live a little ... Take chances .... Never rely on advice of people who don't even know you !

The worst part about fear ... Is never knowing what you missed out on !

PS .... Yes, I have met a great guy right here on MFP ! :wink:
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options

[/quote

Ohhh this is awesome ... Sarah .. You couldn't have met a nicer guy !!! Good luck to ya both !!! :)))
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options

Hope it goes well for both of you actually .. Jamie .. One of the most genuine individuals I've met on here .. Not to mention awesomest ;))
    Have fun you guys :))
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    Stuff like this can work, I'm living proof. I met my boyfriend on a message board for a pop punk band when I was 17. I'm now 25 and we're still together.