New and Ready to GO!!

Options
Hey everyone!!

My name is Cate. Here's my story, for anyone who is interested:

I grew up in Indiana and my roots here are deep. I am a country girl at heart: I love being out in the barn with the horses, hauling hay, cleaning stalls... but I have a passion for theatre and love to be on stage. I realized that I my Indiana roots went too deep for me to pursue theatre, so I graduated with my BA and have since been hired as an insurance agent and am now chained to a desk from 9-5 every day. I love my job, but I hate being stuck in a chair.

Two years ago, I started running and lost 15 lbs. I dropped down to 140 lbs, felt great, and swore I would keep myself in shape. Since getting this job, however, that has gone out the window. I've gained about 17 lbs, my trousers are tight, and I feel terrible! I went from a very active lifestyle as a theatre/dance student, a runner, an equestrian, and a retail worker. I fell prey to too many sweets, too much processed food, and not enough movement. Now I am struggling to build up my running endurance again, work 8 hours a day in a chair, and barely have time to tidy the barn after work.

I'm not making excuses for myself anymore. I'm waking up early to run, and I've already registered for a half marathon in September. Once the weather turns warm again, I'll walk to work or just take walks on my lunch break. I'm ready to feel like myself again!!

17.2 lbs to lose, so much to gain.

Cate

Replies

• joannemayhead
    Options
    Welcome Cate! A half marathon, what a great goal to get those lbs off :)
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    Hi, Congrats on choosing to lose weight and become active again. I too am going for approx 20 lbs to lose.
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    You sound determined! :) You'll do great.
    I would like to work up to a half marathon.
  • American_Honey
    Options
    Thanks guys! I am very excited about the half marathon. Before I "back-slid," I was running a 9:15 min/mile and was feeling great!! My uncle runs races with me :-) He is 67 and man, can he kick it up a notch! I can't keep up with him!! He wants to do a marathon a month after the half... I don't think that's happening! It would be such an achievement, but MAN. 26.2 miles is a LOT and I'm not sure I want to dedicate THAT much time to running and training!
  • American_Honey
    Options
    Silly question... how do I get my ticker onto my signature??
  • lawsy23
    Options
    Hello my name is Amanda Iam a 34yr old mother of 3 and happily married for 13yrs. My teen years I was very tiny never over 115lbs iam 5'7 in height. When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter 17yrs ago I gained 70lbs and never lost it in fact I have gained more over the years :sad: . My husband loves me for me and tells me Iam bueatiful all the time :heart: . I need to get in shape for me and eat healthier for my family. since starting to track and drop my calories a month ago I have dropped 9lbs. My first couple of week I had my calories at 1800 and have been dropping them iam now sitting at 1340 and seem to be doing ok.:smile:
  • American_Honey
    Options
    Good for you! We can all do this, we just have to remember to make choices instead of grabbing what is handy!
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was once bitten by the theater bug also. I did about 30 plays (and one really bad movie) when I was younger, and then settled into marriage, career, mortgage, kids, etc. I do miss those days. I just sent you a friend request. We can help keep each other motivated! :)