WTF??

Options
http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight/0207/karl-lagerfeld-calls-adele-too-fat.aspx?xid=fb_EH_20120207_karl

I'd rather be the fat chick with a bag of crisps than work with this guy. Insane! Even if I could afford Chanel, I wouldn't be buying it after this. @ss

Replies

• icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a total S@@T!! I love Adele! Yes she is bigger than your average singer! But she must be a size 12 in real life and that is not fat!! She is proof that talent rules and people like him are the sickness in this world!!
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Clearly he forgets that he just lost 100 lbs a decade ago. He was a fairly large man up until that time.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't think Adele is fat, depressing maybe, but not fat.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    What an *kitten*!
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    He's an idiot! Besides, like a previous poster mentioned, he used to be twice his size!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    That is too bad. Adele is a role model for so many people. He has no right to say such a thing.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Adele is hawt.
  • asphyxiac
    asphyxiac Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh, whatever. It's Karl Lagerfeld. What did you expect? He's like your crass grandma who always pinches your cheeks and lets you know when you've put on a few.

The truth of the matter is that Adele is most certainly (clinically) overweight - but why should that matter to him? Apparently, it does - which is silly. But Lagerfeld is a silly man. She's a wonderful singer, regardless of her size. She's expressed a desire to lose weight, and she's been quite successful over the past year. Good for her!
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I went to Google a full body pic of her, and the strange thing is, there aren't that many full body pics of her out there. I wonder if that is intentional? I saw a few, and to me she looked more average than anything. Some of the dresses she wears (empire waist, A-Line stuff that I don't find flattering to begin with) may make her look heavier around the middle, but that's just the clothes! She might be bigger than the average blonde haired blue eyed pop singer, but who cares? She looks like the average American woman to me.

Anyhoo, this man is some old and ignorant crow who clearly lost his marbles a long time ago. She is not too fat for anything. She's beautfiful, she's got those amazing pipes and she owns it all.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Mr. Lagerfeld, before his low-carb fad diet...
    fat-lagerfeld.jpg
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Ignorant statement! ALOT of people have a problem with the way the fashion industry portrays body image. Many of them are very fit and healthy. And, FYI, *kitten*, not ALL women who are overweight got that way because they "sat on the couch all day eating potato crisps and watching television". :grumble: :explode:
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    LOL Love the comments on the stories about this.

"no one wants to see round women''

Presumably, the world of fashion is a bit short on heterosexual men.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    ~picture removed for space

Ahhh, it burns! Adele is much easier on the eyes than that man, fat or thin.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    fat-lagerfeld.jpg
    LOL, seriously? I think some of those folks in the fashion industry take themselves way to seriously. Good Grief. LOVE Adele. She could lose a few like most of us, but she's average size.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I googled it, Adele is a size 16. Definitely overweight. However, definitely not obese or worse. Either way there is no need for a comment like that! She's a singer, anything should be about her voice. End of story. Miserable idiot.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realize he was one of us "fatties" that he loathes so much! Pompous jerk
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I quit reading anything the majority of the fashion industry snobs have to say after reading an article written by a fancy designer (I can't for the life of me remember who it was) going on and on about how all confident curvacious women are just kidding themselves.
  • JodieLBradbury
    JodieLBradbury Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    She is defo not a size 12, 14 or 16 but who cares, it's her life.

Edit: She did lose some weight after her recent surgery so she might be smaller now than before, I don't pay enough attention to know really.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't know Adele so I just googled images - yes she does look like a normal woman, beautiful face, not model-skinny. :flowerforyou: Then I googled Karl Lagerfield - old, ugly, poseur. :bigsmile: Looks like he has had surgery / botox, lips had some work - sad & unattractive. :laugh: Who does he think he is to go around judging women like that anyway?

I hope the women of the world vote with their shopping habits and leave him with NIL sales. I guess though the women who buy his clothes would all be skinny anyway so they probably agree with him?

There's more of us supporting Adele than him that's for sure!
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ya I heard about this yesterday and it pissed me off so bad! She's beautiful and so talented regardless of her weight. And at one time he was a fat man himself so who is he to judge? It really pisses me off when people lose weight and feel entitled to critisize others. It makes it very obvious that they STILL aren't happy with themselves. Besides, he looks like a plastic cadaver :-P Oppps did I type that? :-P