30DS issue with JM

The workout itself seems okay, but is it just me or does Jilliam Michaels have pretty poor form on a lot of the exercises? And honestly, she annoys the crap out of me and isn't in that great of shape as far as appearance goes (very little definition). The girl in the background doing the "hard" versions looks does stuff better and looks to me like she's in better shape. Maybe she should be making the big bucks instead. Sorry, I know it is a great results producing program and it's not the program I take issue with. It's Jillian. I want to break her face! :) Sorry...rant over

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    I hate Jillian Michaels. The sound of her voice inspires me to throw up.

My favorite part of 30ds is hte punching. I pretend I'm punching her.
  • I hate Jillian Michaels. The sound of her voice inspires me to throw up.

BAHAHAHAHA!! Awesome :) She has such a dude voice and not in a hot phone sex operator way, it's more like an old diner waitress that smoked for 50 years kind of way
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,210 Member
    lol I would give anything to be in her shape!! Short of an extreme makeover I've got no chance.. I also really enjoy her no nonsense way.. each to their own.. if you don't like her then I'm sure you'll find something / someone else who gets you working just as hard without wanting to knock them out! lol
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    lol I would give anything to be in her shape!! Short of an extreme makeover I've got no chance.. I also really enjoy her no nonsense way.. each to their own.. if you don't like her then I'm sure you'll find something / someone else who gets you working just as hard without wanting to knock them out! lol

Agree! She looks amazing! And she gets results
  • yasmine36
    yasmine36 Posts: 41 Member
    You can mute her? Maybe that will help a bit.
  • The blonde girl is the one in the best shape. HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE ABS?!?!!? **drool**
  • TiMoPhat
    TiMoPhat Posts: 26 Member
    Jillian's Helpers are definitely in WAY better Shape!!!
  • I actually don't do the workout. I watched it to study it. I'm working on my certification for personal training and I figured I should know about it since it's such a trend right now. My workouts are quite a bit more intense than what she does. Similar set up, but I do 5 exercises per circuit instead of the two. And I actually concentrate on my form. I'm confident I could take her out. ;) I'm really a peace loving Christian, but you'd never guess that by this thread, huh?
  • Buaha! Yes! She totally creeps me out a little. I did one of her videos for the first time on Sunday and I was laughing a lot (great for the abs though!!!)...

BUT, she gets results and everyone's body is built differently - just because she doesn't look like the other girl doesn't mean she's not in great shape. Hell, I would kill to have her body!
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Awww No way! I love Jillian... "Crank it!" "Don't phone this one in!" I find she does a lot less chat and more work than most workout DVD's - but, yes, each to their own! :smile:
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    The blonde girl is the one in the best shape. HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE ABS?!?!!? **drool**

I agree and she has the best form out of all of them!!!!!!!! and the one doing the hard version cheats a lot of the time if you watch her (myfriend and i sat and watched the entire thing before we started it)
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member

I do this too lol x
  • The blonde girl is the one in the best shape. HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE ABS?!?!!? **drool**

Her abs are great!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Not in that great of shape!? I want to meet someone in my day-to-day life who looks like that.
    Agree with some of the others though, the blonde chicks abs are NUTS.
  • porffor
    The blonde girl is the one in the best shape. HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE ABS?!?!!? **drool**
    I'd be happier if I ended up looking like the other girl - not into super skinny ribs me! lol her abs are amazing though. :)
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member

My thoughts...if you can analyze her that much you may not be working hard enough?! LOL For me she is just a blurry blotch telling me to kick my @ss and get in shape. I just keep moving and seeing results. She could be a talking dog for that matter...if it got me the results...I would follow my new "master". (Hope my dogs don't read this) ;-)
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    She looks a whole heck of a lot better than I do!!!! I actually like her voice. We are all so different. I don't like the peppy "cheerleader" voices of some other females on workout videos. I bought Hip Hop Abs, and that dudes voice annoyed the mass out of me. I did it twice and couldn't take it. That is why I am hesitant on ever getting Insanity. I know it sounds crazy to some, but those things truly do get to me!!!!! I am crazy!!!:D
  • porffor
    I'd be happier if I ended up looking like the other girl - not into super skinny ribs me! lol her abs are amazing though. :)
  • I actually don't do the workout. I watched it to study it. I'm working on my certification for personal training and I figured I should know about it since it's such a trend right now. My workouts are quite a bit more intense than what she does. Similar set up, but I do 5 exercises per circuit instead of the two. And I actually concentrate on my form. I'm confident I could take her out. ;) I'm really a peace loving Christian, but you'd never guess that by this thread, huh?

I do my own workouts, I just watch hers to see what it's about. The workout itself isn't too bad, not quite challenging enough for me, though
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Yep the blonde one is in the best shape. Her abs are to die for..and her form is always excellent.

I don't mind Jillian though. She motivates me to push through it..those last reps when the weights get uncomfortable..they count the most. Ahhh