Need recommendations for GPS for running

Options
2»

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo. I tried Runkeeper because all of my friends SWEAR by it. I will tell you that Endomondo was more on target than Runkeeper. Runkeeper had me over 1/4 mile more than what I actually ran. Endomondo was about .10 miles off.

My suggestion, use www.mapmyrun.com to map out your miles and then compare the GPS map.

Well your a running beast !! So I will definitely check out Endomondo if you recommend it. I've used RunKeeper for a while but never hurts to change it up a bit.
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Garmin 310xt and love it.

That being said, unless you are a triathlete or want to swim with your GPS, or unless you are an ultramarathoner doing more than 7-8 hours of training or events... it's probably overkill.

The Garmin 305 is a fantastic unit for running. I had one for a few years before upgrading to the 310xt.

Far more accurate than using your phone, comes with a HRM, has fantastic data available for review.

To see the data that it collects, check this link: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/147481538

S
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Best value I've seen recently is Garmin 405 with HRM strap for $199 shipped from Costco.com

405 is less awesome than the 410/610, but you can't beat that price!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Best value I've seen recently is Garmin 405 with HRM strap for $199 shipped from Costco.com

405 is less awesome than the 410/610, but you can't beat that price!
    Agree