WHICH IS BETTER...SCALE OR MEASURING TAPE?

Options
Just wanting to see what makes you feel better, what is ACTUALLY better, and why? Seeing the scale or seeing the measuring tape?? They both irritate me sometimes! LOL! But which one makes you more happy?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    For me, the scales, because I don't take measurements.
    The scale is accurate. It might not always reflect my overall body fat and size, but it gives me a very clear number so that I can track my progress week on week. If I tried to use a measuring tape I'd end up getting different number every time because I'm useless at it.
    If I want to remind myself how I'm doing with my overall size, well...I've got a mirror for that!
  • nixrun
    nixrun Posts: 44
    Options
    I avoid the scale and haven't taken any measurements, seeing the scale makes me feel bad about my progress so it's something I try to steer clear from. I like to be able to see the results for myself, or especially love it when people notice for me when I am feeling low about how far I've come. I usually lose a lot of weight in my face first, but for some reason I'm retaining and that is driving me nuts!!!
  • Driving_Miss_Daisy
    Options
    The tape don't lie. The scale does, kind of. A scale doesn't show the whole picture. The tape will show you the important thing, if the stomach and hips are getting smaller.