What shoes do you wear?

Options
Does anybody else have the problem of wearing through shoes every 3 months? My workouts consist of mosty Turbo Fire, Insanity, and Zumba. I'ts hard to find a pair of shoes that don't kill my feet doing those ...and when I do they only seem to last about 3 months. I bought a pair of shoes in November and just last week my feet started killing me again.

Shoe suggestions please

Replies

• addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    for your problem?

combat boots.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Does anybody else have the problem of wearing through shoes every 3 months? My workouts consist of mosty Turbo Fire, Insanity, and Zumba. I'ts hard to find a pair of shoes that don't kill my feet doing those ...and when I do they only seem to last about 3 months. I bought a pair of shoes in November and just last week my feet started killing me again.

Shoe suggestions please

Go barefoot
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Nike Volmero that I love. I do Zumba, Body Combat and run (indoors and out). Love them. Lasted about 1 year now, maybe getting ready for a new pair soon.
  • chiv123
    Options
    LOL you aren't getting any sympathy from these guys :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I have asics. Before them my knees hurt when I run. Now? Joy :3

Edit: Also, go to a running store and get someone to watch your form, they'll be able to best recommend shoes for you.
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    i love sketchers tone ups, as dorky as that sounds! theyre not the hideous looking ones that are weirdly shaped though, they just look like regular gym sneakers! super comfy & they're pink so its a bonus :laugh:
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My Filas have been keeping up with me so far. I wouldn't recommend them for Zumba, though. I have a totally different pair of shoes for that.
  • BlessedEight
    Options
    Yea, I was told to replace shoes every 250 miles of walking/running and that averages into 3 months. I was disappointed with having to purchase shoes every 3 to 4 months but I DO see the differnce. NO pains in my foot or shins.
  • grneyecowgirl
    Options
    Nikes!!!! Love my nikes and I also love doing yoga barefoot..
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Reebok guy, and I go through a pair in 6 months, mostly from just my daily 45 minute run / walk on the treadmill. Shoes still look fine, but the cushioning is gone and my hip begins to hurt.
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    have you tried replacing the in-soles? It would be a cheaper replacement than new shoes...

Also, what kind of shoes are you getting? Might need a better (and probably more expensive) type. I think someone mentioned a running shoe store. They would probably be the best.
  • MyeongHi
    Options
    Right now I have New Balance shoes which are ok, but the pair I had before these were asics and they were the best ones I've tried so far. I had a lot less knee and ankle pain while running in my asics.
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't wear shoes when I exercise...but I do it in my living room...I hate shoes.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Shoe suggestions please

Go barefoot

Or get some Vibram Five Fingers or Fila Skeletoes.
  • ginablackburn
    Options
    If u r running I would recommend going to a specialty running store and getting fitted for the proper shoes
  • latinahada
    Options
    As a nurse, I was always told to change shoes every 3 months...Just due to the wear and tear, so I'm guessing it would be the same for working out. I have about 5 pairs that I interchange so I'm not wearing the same pair every day (and the fact that I may be a shoe *kitten* :smile: ) & also depending on what exercise I'm doing (some I like for running, some I like for walking, etc.) so I haven't ran into this problem yet since I've only been at this regular exercise regimen for about 4 months. I would say it's normal though...When I went to get a pair of running shoes (Nike Free Run), there were some near the ones I wanted & I asked the guy the difference & he told me they were for forward/backward & side to side movement, such as Zumba but I couldn't tell you the name of them so that's not much help...All I know is they were Nike's. Hope you find a good pair!!
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love my Saucony's...super light, cushiony, and comfy. Maybe go to a good sports store, and get their opinion on what is the best option for you. Many stores (Running Room, etc) will look at your gait/walk and see what shoe is the best fit. Good luck!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have seen two podiatrists and they both recommend Saucony. I've had many pairs and love them. I have a pair for work, pair for gym and pair for outdoors.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Shoe suggestions please

I use to sell sneakers and sometimes my shifts were 20 hours long. Everyone laughed every time I tried to pull a long shift with adidas nikes pumas or sketchers. Everyone at the store swore by ASICS and eventually after working a few long shifts I had to buy the cheapest on sale pair and I gotta say what a difference. This is before new balance started getting popular so I'm not sure how they are (Saucony is light and squishy like the above person says and I'm a fan but they don't last). Anyone with a foot problem always gets recommended ASICS no matter what type of foot they have. I also had a specific 300 dollar reebok that were grey and orange with gel squishy bits that you could feel when you walked that could also pull off those shifts. It took me wearing those sneakers every day for years each to wear them out.