New here, and would like some support

Options
I just started this site because following some injuries I gained a lot of weight, and I am trying to get back to being healthy again. It would be nice to have more support on here, so add me as a friend and don't be shy :)

Replies

• Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here also. I'm trying to recover from a bad back condition by losing weight and gaining strength. I have about 55 pounds to go. I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • AntoniaK89
    Options
    Same here, It would be great to have some online support. Good Luck with your goal and stay positive =]
  • ibvicki
    ibvicki Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same here too! Sorry ya'll are in pain too but good to know I'm not alone! Will friend you :-)
  • wjh419
    wjh419 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here. Previously an active person, I recently joined this site after gaining 40 pounds due to a work-related injury. I fell 13 feet off the 2nd story on a construction site and landed on concrete. I broke both heels, two ankles, and one arch with a dislocation and was non-weight-bearing for 3 1/2 months. I've had two reconstructive surgeries on both feet, and have another scheduled on my right foot for Thursday. I'll be unable to exercise again, not bearing weight until the end of April. I may not be able to navigate well on here, but I need ideas from people who have been in this boat. It's tough to lose weight when you can't exercise. Help!
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You know where to find me if you just need someone to talk to!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I could use support too. Feel free to add me. That goes for any one reading this.
  • Mbond74
    Mbond74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just started this week. I have tried lots of different programs and failed. This is mostly due to my own self-sabotage where my weight is concerned. Would love to build a support network!
  • MaikaShen
    Options
    I started this week, too. For once, I want to be healthy! I added you :smile:
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    welcome to this site, I live in Rhode Island.Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to.It's a good site with lots of motivating people.