That's really awesome! :)
  • ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ive been running/walking for a lil over a month and when I first started I could barely get 1/2 lap. Yesterday went out and ran a full mile and walked another mile ..So keep up the good work nd you'll get there
  • rizzle1986
    Options
    No reason to laugh! That's so great! Keep up the good work :)
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'M THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I'm originally from Reading. I ♥ Skippack! :love:
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    One lap at a time!! Well done!! Let us know when you get to your second!!
  • msvee812
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up but don't overdo yourself!

I remember when I first started riding bike again. It was a sad day for onlookers lol.
  • onewithwings
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I remember being able to run my first lap. It got addictive and before I knew it I had signed up to run a 5K and a half marathon. I recommend the couch to 5K program. That's how I got started. Now I run using the Jeff Galloway interval running method. Remember to "Keep on moving". ~OWW~
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OK, laugh if you want to, but hat is HUGE for me..... first time I have run in about 15 years!

But not only did I run a lap, but I played 35 minutes of basketball / dodge ball, but I also hit the heavy bag for 15 minutes, and then finished up with a 15 minute cool down walk.

All, in all, one helluva day for me.

Are you kidding me? Laugh?? HELL NO!! I applaud you and say GREAT JOB!!!:drinker:
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That is great! Celebrate all successes, and keep it up.
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Try a bath instead. Any warm water will help. Oh and dont forget to stretch your quads and other parts of your legs so they don't tighten up.

Next time try for a few more steps past the 1 lap and keep adding each time you run. Before you know it, you would have done 2 laps!

Good Luck and keep going!

Well, my goal is 250 feet further, next time. :)
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This is no laughing matter!!! Good for you! :drinker:

I highly recommend the C25K program as well....when I started it, I thought I was going to have a heart attack running that first minute. But I pressed through and now running the full 30 minutes without stopping (almost at 5 km in that 30 minutes) and I've signed up for a triathlon in April!!! Baby steps - keep going and you'll be amazed at how far you get!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You should be unabashedly proud of yourself. Well done.
  • TheSane
    Options
    Great job!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Nice job, you!

I'm jealous about the Dodge Ball!
    (It's one of the few games I played in childhood that were not traumatic. I really HATED Red Rover. I also hated TetherBall.)
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Great! soon you will be running 5k. Keep it up. I have yet to push myself to do that.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    No laughing here! You should be very proud of yourself! Congrats!!!! :bigsmile:
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    No laughing here my friend.. the first time I ran, I cried afterward... at this time last year I couldn't WALK a lap without being miserable... and now I'm running... Oh yeah.. I feel and share your joy and pride!! You are AWESOME!! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • JourneyingEzer
    Options
    Im starting the couch to 5k plan tomorrow and while its only 20 minutes of alternate running and walking... Im going to be grateful just to complete it ... Way to go on your lap and other exercise too! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!