When/how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Be honest...

Do you get completely naked and weigh yourself in the morning? At the end of the night? Do you weigh yourself multiple times a day, or do you stick to a once per week weigh in ritual? Maybe you just go by how your clothes feel, or by measurements?

If the numbers on the scale aren't what you were hoping they would be, do you let it ruin your day?

I want to know many others are a slave to their scale?

Replies

• JessicaRizo
    Options
    I try to do it once every two weeks but im trying to only stick to checking once a month
  • Hesslau
    Options
    I make a weight in day once a week. I weight myself monday mornings before eating or drinking and after going to the bathroom. I try not to weight myself more often than this because weight can fluctuate to much depending on water retention and certain foods you have consumed.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Several times a day usually...works for me.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but not before I take the time to learn about MFP's wonderful SEARCH FUNCTION!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning. Sometimes at night just to see if I can guess what I will weigh in the morning. :D
  • AllieCat5683
    Options
    Every morning. After going to the bathroom and getting dressed, before eating or drinking anything. I'd like to see the fluctuations and see if there's any pattern in it. Maybe be able to predict my period (it's on it's own kind of pattern..)
    Some days I weigh myself at the end of the day to see how much of a difference it is and to see if I can predict how much I'll weigh in the morning (extra boost to keep me motivated!)

My weight doesn't seem to fluctuate too much, but it's only been a month so far and I got the big weight loss out of the way. We'll see how it goes from here!
  • wsogden87
    wsogden87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning naked before i take a shower.

and then usually after the shower, before i go to work, when i get home, after i use the restroom and see the scale there, and before bed! LMAO! I can't help it, I'm obsessed! lmao!
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    Ok, full disclosure. I weigh myself every morning without clothes. It doesn't ruin my day when I fluctuate but it does make my day when i see loss. I wouldn't say I'm a slave to the scale though. I've been at the same weight for awhile now. I measure myself every week and I've seen loss there.
  • amandasue1107
    amandasue1107 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning naked before i take a shower.

and then usually after the shower, before i go to work, when i get home, after i use the restroom and see the scale there, and before bed! LMAO! I can't help it, I'm obsessed! lmao!

I honestly was doing the same thing!! I had to put my scale away so it can be out of sight out of mind!!
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    I weigh (and log) myself daily. I have found that if I don't, I have little motivation to not eat something at night after dinner/before bed. If I know I'm going to weigh myself in the morning, I try to stop eating as early as possible in the day (no later than 7pm) so that my system is totally empty when I step on the scale (usually anywhere from 6am to 10am, depending on when baby wakes up)

I have to weigh myself completely nude from head to toe. No jewelery, no hair clips or hair ties, nothing. I have to have used the restroom already (some days I will wait to eat until I've used the restroom if for some reason I don't have to go when I get up). My weight fluctuates on a daily basis by about 1lb up and down. It inches in a downward direction, though.
  • Semperfione
    Options
    I know they say NOT to do it everyday, nope not me, I DO it everyday at the same time in the morning...not at night, just in the morning.

I am scared to death of gaining any weight, so I watch it and if I am up, I cut back or beat feet on the pavement or gym. :p
  • Jenny_Bee
    Options
    I try do to it each morning, otherwise I will get off track really easily. Some people say I'm too obsessive, but I know if I do it every week, I won't know how I'm doing, and I'm more likely to slip up.
  • jodymcadam
    Options
    Why would the search function even be relevant? Do you honestly think I'm looking for a fact on this topic?? ROFL I asked the question to get conversation going. kthx.

I weigh myself daily, but not before I take the time to learn about MFP's wonderful SEARCH FUNCTION!
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My most consistent time is after work. Some mornings I go to work early and on days off I sleep in. So at 4pm I am buck naked on the scale.
  • ARiddleForTwo
    Options
    i usually weight myself every morning before i get in the shower (naked wink wink) I should only weigh once a week but every morning my curiosity gets the better of me....sometimes ill skip a day here and there though
  • AllensWife1111
    AllensWife1111 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Usually I try to weigh in the morning, completely naked. Sometimes I end up weighing at night, even though I think it's useless.
    I am trying to tame this down to once per week, or even more than that....but I am so NOSEY! :)
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    butt naked before stepping in the shower nearly every morning as soon as I wake up. really helps you pinpoint what foods and/or exercises from the previous day had the best/worst effect on you.
  • Levity14
    Levity14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I admit it. First thing in the Morning, again in the afternoon, and then again before bed.
    I can't help it!
    - Super annoyed the scale isn't moving. . . . thank goodness the measuring tape is!! I've lost inches from bust waist and hips but weight hasn't moved much at all =(
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Im a nurse so I weigh myself once a week the closer I can get to the same day the week before the better and I get weighed in my uniform. I try and get the same day but sometimes the shift pattern doesnt work that way so I go for the closest day I can xx
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday at the gym and I don't eat anything before weighing.