When/how often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• andreacord
    Options
    I'm slowly cutting it out, I used to be a compulsive weigher. Right now I do it mid-afternoon weekly completely naked. Trying to cut it down to once every two weeks, once a month would be too hard for me because I'm OCD about making sure I'm on the right track.
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    i weigh myself every saturday morning... no clothes... after been toilet and before shower... the scales aint always the biggest factor though... i have found the tape measure more of a reliable source than the scales
  • athearenee
    Options
    well this has changed since I started....

was 2x a week, naked
    now 1x a week, naked
    I'm thinking I should change it to 1x e/o week...to see bigger numbers.
    I started strong....
    & still doing everything right...
    but my body is adjusting and
    my losses are slowing waaaayyy down. :frown:
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    well this has changed since I started....

was 2x a week, naked
    now 1x a week, naked
    I'm thinking I should change it to 1x e/o week...to see bigger numbers.
    I started strong....
    & still doing everything right...
    but my body is adjusting and
    my losses are slowing waaaayyy down. :frown:

every loss is worth celebrating! even the small ones :)
  • carolsohn
    carolsohn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Every morning, before eating/drinking, and with no clothes whatsoever.
  • vuhhjaymex
    Options
    I usually do it daily in the morning, at my lightest. ;D
  • theresa029
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday.. I dont know why I get addicted to it. Or when I saw a weighing scale. Maybe because Im scared to gain the pounds that I had before. I'm trying to control it though lol. They say try not to weigh yourself everyday. I'm looking forward to do it. So I'm going to weigh myself every week to see the big difference while I'm in my routine of exercising.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am I am a slave to my scale for sure!!! I did decide today though that I won't be and I hope that I can stick to that promise. I weigh myself every morning after I pee and get undressed. Then sometimes I will weigh again if I work out in the morning and I get undressed. I never ever weigh myself at night. I just couldn't......
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week with no clothes, first thing when I wake up. I have to weigh myself on the wood floor and the laminate, because they give me different readings...then I pick the one I like more. ;)
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The scale & I are in a hate/hate relationship, so he has to sleep in the closet until one of my friends reminds me on accident that it's already been a week since the LAST time I pulled him out and called him nasty names. Though I have been known to throw him a compliment on occasion for any losses over 2lbs.:laugh: Always in the same clothes and as close to the same time of day as possible. Other than that it's mostly just how the clothes fit.
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think I am an anomaly when it comes to weighing myself. I will weigh myself about 4 times a day. Before you react, think about this. I am giving myself a lot more data then someone who only weighs themselves once a week or once a fortnight. For instance, I know my weekly max and my weekly min. This week for instance I know my max is about 93.7 kilos and my minimum is 91.7 kilos. Last week my max was about 94.7 and my min was 92.7. My official weigh in is on Friday morning, this is the weigh in I judge progress on.

Now because I have lots of data points, the Friday weigh in is actually more meaningful to me. If the Friday weigh in comes in at 91.7 or close to there I know this is my "low" weight, and therefore I only compare it to my "low" weight from the previous week (92.7). If I weigh myself on Friday and I weigh 93.7, I know this is my "high" weight, therefore I only compare it to my "high" weight of the previous week (94.7). Doing it this way means that I neither under or over estimate my progress.

If I did not do it this way, it is possible I would actually see no progress on the scales over a 3 week period by weighing myself only once a week. This would then have a negative effect on my motivation. Lets say I weighed in at week 1, 94.7, week 2 92.7 and week 3 93.7. This would lead me to believe I was doing something wrong, when in fact everything may be fine, it may be that I am making judgments based on limited data.

I know this method may not work for everyone, but it works for me and it keeps me motivated. I also get accurate feedback every week on how my body is responding.
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oh, I accept that fluctuations can be minimized by matching weighing times, ie in the morning, no clothes, etc.. But there are lots of variables, such as sodium levels etc that may throw one measurement out and make us feel bad if we dont understand the big picture.
  • TriciaMaina
    Options
    I weigh myself after a workout and before I guzzle down a ton of water once a week. I have a scale in my room, but I stay away from it so I don't obsess.
  • athearenee
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week with no clothes, first thing when I wake up. I have to weigh myself on the wood floor and the laminate, because they give me different readings...then I pick the one I like more. ;)
    :noway:
    I was sure I am the only one who did that..
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    Even though I weigh myself every morning to keep on top of my weight loss, the weight that matters the most is every Sunday; because the numbers (weight) will fluctuate...
  • paignt
    paignt Posts: 15
    Options
    My official weigh-in is once a week, but I have a tendency to check every morning.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    My official weigh-in is once a week, but I have a tendency to check every morning.

Same!! Whatever it says I don't let it get to me I know its a work in progress I'm just happy seeing it go down instead of going up like before!!
  • Kiisu101
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but do a "official weigh-in" once a week.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    On Friday mornings, nude, trying not to drink anything after I go to bed that night.
  • amykathleen2005
    amykathleen2005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    In the morning, naked, right after going to the bathroom. I do it about every other day or so.