Feeling full but not eating my calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    When you fill your stomach with low calorie nutrient dense foods like green leafy vegetables you feel fuller. I don't think that's a bad thing. Better than eating junk just to meet your calorie goal.

I agree, whenever I have more foods that my body can actually use (leafy greens, beans, other vegetables) I'm usually a few hundred away from calorie goals according to MFP but too full to force myself to eat just to meat the goal. I think it is fine to be under if I feel full because I trust my body and I know I don't go that much under every day. I also check to make sure I met my goals for protein, fiber, vitamins, iron, and calcium. If you are and this isn't a daily thing just go with your full feeling I think.
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Yesterday wasn't an exercise day so I actually ate just over 1300 calories. This doesn't actually happen a lot because if it does I tend to have a snack of peanut butter as its calorie dense and I love it but I did wonder how bad it would be I I'd not eaten anything.

One thing I had questioned is my day to day activity level? I'm a primary school teacher and do a lot of moving around tables, crouching down, helping small children with shoe laces, zips. I teach a pretty active PE session two times a week and always join in and do demonstrations. However, there's never anything manual such as lifting or really fast running around.

With this in mind I had set my goal to the one just below sedentary. I've now moved it back to sedentary although I wouldn't class my job as a desk job.

What I did notice, mainly at weekends is that if I am within about 50 calories deficit of my goal each day my weight seems to slowly creep back.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    make your porridge with whole milk, and/or add some raisins to it

add some cheese and chopped boiled egg to your salad, or some nuts.

ditch the WW fake food and eat a proper yoghurt, not a diet one.

Spread some butter or whatever takes your fancy on the oatcakes.

replace 1 glass of water with a glass of milk.

Great advice I say, and you'd be fine eating at around 1500, you don't have to eat all your exercise calories until your in a healthy bmi range. 3 dietitians have told me this x
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Yesterday wasn't an exercise day so I actually ate just over 1300 calories. This doesn't actually happen a lot because if it does I tend to have a snack of peanut butter as its calorie dense and I love it but I did wonder how bad it would be I I'd not eaten anything.

One thing I had questioned is my day to day activity level? I'm a primary school teacher and do a lot of moving around tables, crouching down, helping small children with shoe laces, zips. I teach a pretty active PE session two times a week and always join in and do demonstrations. However, there's never anything manual such as lifting or really fast running around.

With this in mind I had set my goal to the one just below sedentary. I've now moved it back to sedentary although I wouldn't class my job as a desk job.

What I did notice, mainly at weekends is that if I am within about 50 calories deficit of my goal each day my weight seems to slowly creep back.

Doesn't sound to me like a job I would class as sedentary, which is even more reason why you need to make sure you're eating enough calories.

Sorry but I have to disagree with everyone on this thread who is saying that if you feel full then it's ok. No it isn't! You need to keep your calorie intake at the right levels or your metabolism will just grind to a halt!
  • hannata86
    Options
    Doesn't sound to me like a job I would class as sedentary, which is even more reason why you need to make sure you're eating enough calories.

Sorry but I have to disagree with everyone on this thread who is saying that if you feel full then it's ok. No it isn't! You need to keep your calorie intake at the right levels or your metabolism will just grind to a halt!

*nods*

If you plan properly you can fill whatever your allowance is... just takes a bit of thought. Have more calorie dense food in your diet... Rice and pasta are quite good without being "unhealthy".. or just have a bit of fat in things, like some olive oil when you cook, or something of that nature.
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I always used to eat rice and pasta ( bown) now I jut try to eat it very occasionally in my mission to loose weight. Like everything though people and publications contradict each other. Many people say that rice and pasta are not too healthy which is one reason I have cut it down quite a bit.
  • michelleck23
    Options
    I say fitness is a lot like government politics. Stick with what you feel is right. Period.

With that said, In MY opinion I think you would really benefit from adding some protein shakes to your diet like another person said. Keep in mind you are eating healthier, there are additives in boxed foods and fast food that make you crave more. Your body is probably just benefiting from healthy options. The protein shakes will add that extra protein/calories your body needs and revs up your metabolism. If you are interested the Abs Diet book by the editor and chief of Mens Health Magazine explains what I am talking about.

Slow and steady wins the race, you know your body better then anybody else.
  • pkdw2010
    Options
    Are we supposed to eat up our exercise calories too?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Are we supposed to eat up our exercise calories too?

Yes. The deficit that MFP put in your daily goal is there without exercise being done.
    You add exercise, you just made your daily burn bigger, take the same deficit off, you eat more.
    Simple.