I ran a mile!

Options
I've been logging in to MFP for 30 days now and exercising every day. The first week was in a word, godawful! But I've been pushing on every day and making small goals for myself and today - I ran a mile at 4.5 mph. Now I know for some of you that is brisk walking but for me it's actually a jogging pace. I'm so proud of myself today - because when I started there was absolutely no way I could do that. Next goal - 2 miles.

Replies

• lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    BRILLIANT!!!!! I am at the same pace so dont worry! I have just started doing 2 miles non stop which to me makes me feel I can take on the world! Keep going great work so far :-)
  • pooh431bear
    pooh431bear Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! and yes that speed is running for me too!! Keep it up!
  • persian1981
    persian1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is SOOOO wonderful!! I am so proud of you! I have been training to do so this week and am only up to running 3 minutes, walking 2 minutes at 4.5. My trainer tells me i will be running a mile by the end of the week, but i think he's lost his marbles. So, YAY for you and i can't wait to be just like you!! :)
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    brilliant well done :)
  • jrow0524
    Options
    You will do it Persian 1981!!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    That's a fabulous achievement, and a good speed too. I still remember my first mile being the hardest thing I've ever done, and now I'm training for a marathon!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is awesome!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! well done.
  • meganpaul
    meganpaul Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A mile is a mile... no matter how fast it is done. What a day for you! Congrats.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That's great! I can't even remember the last time I ran a mile... I'm still working my way up to it!

Side note... I wish the weather was nicer so I could jog outside!
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! I can't run yet, I do 30 mins at 3.0 (walking) and feel like I'm going to die!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember when I ran a mile for the first time since gym class in Junior high... I think it was early last year. I was so proud that I literally cried. I had always been a wimpy whiner when it came to running in class.... Who knew that it would turn into one of my favorite things to do? Keep up the good work! I am now able to run 3.5 miles, and you can, too! GREAT JOB!
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's great! Good for you! Keep up the great effort. Baby steps will get us there every time. :o)
  • hagamivida
    Options
    That's a fabulous achievement, and a good speed too. I still remember my first mile being the hardest thing I've ever done, and now I'm training for a marathon!
    Do the miles get any easier?
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you for running a mile! You are doing a great job and keep up the good work!
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    That is awesome, well done you! I love setting exercise goals for myself, it's incredibly encouraging when you see that you're getting stronger and fitter.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Do the miles get any easier?

YES. They get MUCH easier. I remember when the thought of running a mile made me want to cry. And now, I am about to run my second half marathon. The first mile is always the hardest, but once you get to that milestone, it's such a good motivator to work toward more. Doesn't matter if it's a 15 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, it's still a mile! Great job!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    That is a great run! Congrats on the first of what will probably be many more miles!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    A mile is a mile... no matter how fast it is done. What a day for you! Congrats.

This!

WTG! I do a lot on the elliptical, but I don't think I could actually "run" a mile so BRAVO!!!!!!!!
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    Way to go!! I'm currently at a half mile interval walking/jogging stage. Hoping to jog a full mile and a half by the end next week!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!