Woot! I ran a lap!

Options

Replies

• hockeyman28
    Options
    I'll cop to a giggle at the thread title, but I think you intended to give us a little laugh. I think it is totally awesome though- keep it going and build and build. A year ago I was unable to run much either, now I am running 5 miles 2 times a week pluas a long run on the weekend. I too used C25K to get going. Either way, just stay committed.
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Success isn't just measured on the scale! Keep going!
  • PollyJags
    Options
    Awesome!!! Good for you. Thanks for sharing.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    @ 27 years old and 145 lbs I had issues with starting to run. You're doing great. Keep it up. Couch-2-5K sure gets a lot of promotion around here so it might be well worth looking into. Something to keep us motivated goes a long way.

Congratulations again.
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you!!!! Getting stronger and more fit everyday. You are doing a great job taking care of YOU!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! you should feel really proud of yourself. good work, sir.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    feel the burn and it feel wonderful!:heart:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Fan-bloody-tastic!
    I remember how good it felt to run for a whole minute... then three minutes, then 5 and 8 and 23 and.... I haven't stopped yet!
    That's a great victory, and I bet you feel like a champ :)
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    You guys rock.... and yes, the title was made to make people laugh. But I also knew I would not get laughed AT. But it truly was an amazing feeling to me.... just last week I was saying I couldn't because of terrible shin splints, and now here I am starting to run. :)
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    A W E S O M E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep it up!!!!!
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know I couldn't run a lap... I aspire to one day! Congratulations and no one worth their salt would laugh... :o)
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    OK, laugh if you want to, but hat is HUGE for me..... first time I have run in about 15 years!

But not only did I run a lap, but I played 35 minutes of basketball / dodge ball, but I also hit the heavy bag for 15 minutes, and then finished up with a 15 minute cool down walk.

All, in all, one helluva day for me.

Thats such a great accomplishment! Good for you!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! The first time I was able to run a lap I was so insanely proud of myself too. That was a couple years ago...and now I've run a half marathon and am prepping for another one (in a week and a half!) Keep up the good work!
  • afassett
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! Congrats!
    Keep up the great work, and just remember, it can only get better from here!!!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    OK, laugh if you want to, but hat is HUGE for me..... first time I have run in about 15 years!

But not only did I run a lap, but I played 35 minutes of basketball / dodge ball, but I also hit the heavy bag for 15 minutes, and then finished up with a 15 minute cool down walk.

Way to go! I totally understand the monumental achievement that being able to run 1 lap can be. Keep up the hard work! Keep us posted on your progress! I'm looking forward to being able to run more than 2 minutes myself. :)
  • dlm10
    dlm10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No laughing here...great job!! We all know how hard it is so give yourself a "that a boy"!!!
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    W2G!
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these success stories its so funny this big burly biker like me gets coked up cause another fat guy LIKE ME (no offense to him ladies we are guys we can talk to each other like this) can run a lap KEEP IT UP BRO we are rock stars lol
  • AnCus
    AnCus Posts: 13
    Options
    I think that is excellent! I dread walking a lap!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Why would anyone laugh? That is a big deal!!! Awesome job with your workout, and keep it up! It sounds like you had a good time :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!