I'm a binge eater

Options
I want to lose weight, but I have a tendency to binge when I experience adverse emotions. I have been to counseling and they tell me I need a support system. I am hoping that this website will be that support for me.

Replies

• ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great place for support. You can add me... and my diary is open.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hi hun,

I am a binge eater as well (trying to be ex)

Feel free to add me (:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We've all been there (or at least I have).
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Lots of people here share that problem. It helps a lot when you know you have to log every bite you put in your mouth. You're a lot less likely to shovel a ton of food in if you're ADAMANT that you have to log every bit of it. Hold yourself accountable and really dedicate to logging everything, every day. It's hard at first but it gets to be second nature.

God bless and I wish you strength, it's not an easy journey but totally worth it, and we're all in this together after all... If you're feeling really upset, try using your MFP blog first, see if that doesn't help. If you still end up bingeing, at least you'll have a reference for your feelings so you can figure out why and how you got to that emotional state that led to the destructive habit.
  • littlelol
    Options
    i tend to binge at weekend x
  • growlbaby
    Options
    I totally agree! Sadness, anger, or guilt.. they send me into a food binge. I call them fat attacks lol. I will be more than happy to help support you in any way that I can!! Please feel free to add me :)
  • healthymommy2pc
    Options
    I too have an issue with binge eating. I haven't binged since January 16, which is HUGE for me. I am taking it a day at a time, and know I will have slip ups, but this site is a huge support. I have also started a blog that I have only shared with a few friends. It just keeps me accountable and acts as a sort of journal. I can share if you're interested.

I definitely don't let myself get too hungry (which triggers a binge for me, among other things), and forcing myself to write down what I eat help too.

Good luck!
  • clairecoulton
    Options
    I've been on a six month binge! Put on all the weight I lost and am now heavier than when I started. I always eat when I have anything emotional going on.
    Take care
  • pamelabc
    Options
    I'm a "nocturnal" feeder. :( but working on feeding during the day time only. Doing some better, but got a ways to go. (1 days @ a time)
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've had issues with binge and emotional eating my whole life. Feel free to add me for support!
  • clairecoulton
    Options
    I like what you said about holding yourself accountable. It's so true. Logging everything I ate worked really well until my iPhone broke, then I used that as an excuse to stop. I will try to bear your wise words in mind as I start again with the app on my iPad.:wink:
  • kh0215
    kh0215 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater. I have both emotional and bordem ties. Anyone can add me if you would like. I tend to fall off the wagon a lot, but I keep coming back. I currently weigh as much as I did when I delivered my twins and that my friends is not acceptable.
  • chipaddict
    Options
    I've sent you an add, I binge too and like somebody else said when you know you're logging everything you eat, it does help!
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    I'm a binger too. Add me as a friend!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Emotional binger myself! Happy or sad, excited or depressed. It's awful! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have had past issues with chronic binge eating over the years and sometimes it still rears its ugly head. Feel free to check out my profile and add me for support and motivation. We have all been there at one time or another so know that you have tons of support here.

Take care.
  • notamoment2soon
    Options
    Wow first I've been playing with this site on and off for about a year and never realized there was a forum LOL. 2nd I had no idea I had so much company at the bottom of that bag of chips!

I logged back in today with the hopes of really getting serious and making it to the end this time and this was the first post I saw. I'm heading over to put an add in for you now. And I'd love any adds as I really think support and accountability are key.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Lots of people here share that problem. It helps a lot when you know you have to log every bite you put in your mouth. You're a lot less likely to shovel a ton of food in if you're ADAMANT that you have to log every bit of it. Hold yourself accountable and really dedicate to logging everything, every day. It's hard at first but it gets to be second nature.

God bless and I wish you strength, it's not an easy journey but totally worth it, and we're all in this together after all... If you're feeling really upset, try using your MFP blog first, see if that doesn't help. If you still end up bingeing, at least you'll have a reference for your feelings so you can figure out why and how you got to that emotional state that led to the destructive habit.

^^THIS

I still struggle with eating out of boredom sometimes. And when I say eating, I mean binging. It doesn't happen often anymore, but it still happens, and I've been doing this for nearly a year.

I agree with the comment I've quoted 100%, but especially the part about being super adamant that every little thing you eat gets logged. I mean, my husband had Wheat Thins out a couple of weeks ago, and since it had been forever since I'd had one and was wanting something a little sweet and salty, I had two. (They were much sweeter and saltier than I remembered!) Anyway, I logged them. It seemed silly to even bother, but it keeps me honest. If that's what I have to do to maintain healthy eating habits, then so be it!
  • appyfan
    Options
    Another binger here! Although I am proud to say that I haven't binged since I started my journey in Jan :) Sometimes it's really hard, but i've earned to think twice or thrice about what i'm doing. Since starting to count calories, it's shocks me when I think about what I was probably actually consuming in one sit down.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I do too, obviously but we can learn to control it and when we dont, learn to make up for it with exercise and trying hard to stay within our calorie goals. Best thing is to make that u-turn as soon as possible back into good habits. Friend me guys! I love the support and giving it.