Great Job!! Keep up the good work!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Do the miles get any easier?
    Oh yes! Until you try to do them faster... and faster... :laugh:
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job! Keep it up, it's addictive :)
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! 4.5 is a jog for me also. I'm just starting my jogging journey so right now I'm only jogging a quarter mile at a time. I can't wait to share with everyone when I can do a mile. Keep up the good work!!!
  • maryjay51
    Options
    that is totally impressive!!!!! keep up the good work. next thing you know you will be telling us about a 5 or 8k run you are going to enter whoohooo:smile:
  • neznarf0205
    neznarf0205 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How FUN! When I started MFP back in December my fastest mile was 12 minutes. I hit a 9 minute mile this past Sunday. Keep going and do what you love. :)
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Well done you, you should be proud of that,
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    great NSV!!!
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I jogged 6 minutes yesterday doing the C25K program. That's the best I've been able to do. Day 1 of that program starts for me every day. but you have to start somewhere, right? I keep pushing on, I've never been athletic or exercised much, in order to change your life you start with baby steps and go from there.

Congratulations. I hope to make the mile myself one day.

What does NSV mean?
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I started running with a group last summer, and I love it!
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Speed means nothing - it will increase with time. The most important thing is that you're running! Keep it up :)
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Great job! :drinker:
    Don't worry about the speed, it will come with time. You are doing awesome, keep up the great work lady! :flowerforyou:
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've been running for a little over a week now, and I'm around the same speed. Just getting out there and running at all is awesome, and you feel great afterwards! (During - not so much LOL) I would try to run a little longer each day rather than faster, at least in the beginning. That's what I'm doing!

Adding you as a friend. Good luck! :)
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    WOW! That is sensational! It is amazing what we are capable of when we start asking more of ourselves. Keep asking yourself for more every day and every day you will get it! Enjoy the journey to a better you!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    great job!!!!
  • MrsRomero98
    Options
    That's great! I usually just do the elliptical, but have been really contemplating trying to run. I've NEVER been a runner, but I hear it is an incredible high when you realize you can do it. Thanks for the inspiration, I think I may give it a try :)
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    That's a fabulous achievement, and a good speed too. I still remember my first mile being the hardest thing I've ever done, and now I'm training for a marathon!

YES. They get MUCH easier. I remember when the thought of running a mile made me want to cry. And now, I am about to run my second half marathon. The first mile is always the hardest, but once you get to that milestone, it's such a good motivator to work toward more. Doesn't matter if it's a 15 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, it's still a mile! Great job!
  • mattadams80
    mattadams80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love these boards :). I'm in abotu the same boat... just been starting getting back into shape again, and ran my first mile straight just a week or two ago. I thought it was funny because most of my friends are either completely in shape or completely out shape, so when I shared the news I got a variety of "wow, a whole mile?" and "wow, a while mile? (with sarcasm) LOL. Whats funny is I normally exercise in Colorado where I live... and this week I just happened ot be in California on business and I've been hitting the treadmill, and it is entirely different... I've been breaking all kinds of personal records! I ran my best 15 minutes (about 1.3 miles) and then my fastest mile (11 minutes) and then my longest on the treadmill without slowing to a walk (20 minutes, just this morning, at 5.3mph). Love it, now I'm afraid when I get back to Colorado it'll be a struggle to get a mile done again!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You SHOULD be proud of yourself! Congrats and keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    That's a fabulous achievement, and a good speed too. I still remember my first mile being the hardest thing I've ever done, and now I'm training for a marathon!

YES. They get MUCH easier. I remember when the thought of running a mile made me want to cry. And now, I am about to run my second half marathon. The first mile is always the hardest, but once you get to that milestone, it's such a good motivator to work toward more. Doesn't matter if it's a 15 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, it's still a mile! Great job!
    I was running today thinking how amazing it was and how easy compared to the first mile I did. The only warning I give you is it's addictive! Well done and wishing you many more happy miles
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!