Acai berries

Options
Good Afternoon

was just wondering if anyone has had any success with Acai Berries??

not sure whether to try them or not - heard good and bad things?

thanks x

Replies

• chipaddict
    Options
    Haven't tried them myself, so...
    Bump
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    They do have antioxidents, so they're technically good for you.

Are they a miracle food? Probably not. If you like them, eat them, just like any other fruit.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by success? They are good for you, filled with nutrients and antioxidants, but that could be said for a bunch of other fruits. I do have their yogurts for snacks and they give me some energy and fill me up, but that's about it

I heard there is a diet of them, where you lose weight without having to change diet or exercise. I don't buy that.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    They do have antioxidents, so they're technically good for you.

Are they a miracle food? Probably not. If you like them, eat them, just like any other fruit.

^^^
    pretty much perfect answer.
  • lucylubyloo
    lucylubyloo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you can buy a tub of capsules that you take 3 times daily that is suppose to speed up weight loss with a good diet and exercise.

thought i would ask if any1 has tried this before i buy thats all.
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat them because I like them, they do have an acquired taste. if you like cranberries then you will probably like them. Are they going to melt fat from your booty, no. Do they have health beneftis, yes. I like the serving size & stats on them versus other "dried" fruit (because that's what they remind me of).

If it comes in a pill form and it's offering the benefits of certain "miracle" foods to aid in weight loss then I'd avoid it. If those kind of pills worked we'd all be skinny.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    you can buy a tub of capsules that you take 3 times daily that is suppose to speed up weight loss with a good diet and exercise.

thought i would ask if any1 has tried this before i buy thats all.

There is no miracle pill that is going to speed up weight loss.

Listen to thinningdownchick.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Ah, capsules and the fruit are two different things. I've not tried the pills, but I tend to think any pill for weight loss, regardless of the origin, is useless. You're better off eating the fruit, but any kind of produce is going to have antioxidants and eating fruit and veggies more often will definitely aid your journey to health.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I've looked in to these sorta things before and there are no over-the-counter diet pills that work successfully, some of them work for some people out of chance.

The ones that work are the ones that are prescribed by doctors because they contain a certain ingredient (can't remember what its called) and there is only one over the counter product that contains the same ingredient and thats "alli" these are the closest you're going to get for "magic diet pills"

my personal opinion.. work on it yourself because then when people ask "how did you do it" you'd have a much better answer then "oh i took some magic diet pills"

Good luck!! x
  • lucylubyloo
    lucylubyloo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've looked in to these sorta things before and there are no over-the-counter diet pills that work successfully, some of them work for some people out of chance.

The ones that work are the ones that are prescribed by doctors because they contain a certain ingredient (can't remember what its called) and there is only one over the counter product that contains the same ingredient and thats "alli" these are the closest you're going to get for "magic diet pills"

my personal opinion.. work on it yourself because then when people ask "how did you do it" you'd have a much better answer then "oh i took some magic diet pills"

Good luck!! x

i didnt want to get them so i didnt have to diet/exercise. i just thought if theres something to 'aid' you in the process - why not!

but i take it from all your comments this is bad so i wont be investing! thanks everyone