vacations!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    wE ARE GOING TO GO HOME FOR 2 WEEKS TO PORTLAND OREGON. BE NICE TO SEE THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS. WE USUALLY GET THE VISITORS TO COME TO US , WE LIVE IN THE FINEST CITY, SAN DIEGO,CA.
    SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL HAVE A LOT OF FUN PLANNED THIS SUMMER.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ha! I'm not gonna be able to authorize that. You'll have to spend that 2 weeks in Qatar or UAE. Take your pick amongst the litter (pun intended).

at least in Qatar you will get your 2 beers a day!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Its always nice when you come back and do your taxes though!!!!:bigsmile: :happy: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

haha...it is nice to come home, file your taxes and be free 'n clear.

We got teh biggest tax return ever this year. and all i had to do was get rid of the hubby for 6 moths!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: no really it is a great feeling to comehome, and then do the taxes and go wild;) :bigsmile:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    ha! I'm not gonna be able to authorize that. You'll have to spend that 2 weeks in Qatar or UAE. Take your pick amongst the litter (pun intended).

at least in Qatar you will get your 2 beers a day!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Its always nice when you come back and do your taxes though!!!!:bigsmile: :happy: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

haha...it is nice to come home, file your taxes and be free 'n clear.

We got teh biggest tax return ever this year. and all i had to do was get rid of the hubby for 6 moths!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: no really it is a great feeling to comehome, and then do the taxes and go wild;) :bigsmile:

My first deployment I was able to pay off all my debt, plus some creditors (i was irresponsible prior to joining the military). Came home. Bought a new car; cash. Second deployment pretty much had positive cash flow for 12 months. I had signed my COTTAD to be deployed a second time within a specified period of consecutive days and was alotted a bonus for that. Then I re-enlisted oversea's and got a tax-free bonus. Came home. Bought my wife a car; cash. Got a house. And was able to put away a bunch in some investments. Tax exemption really helped getting me back on track.

The army...has been good to me.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well over here in Britain in a weeks time I'm going to a quaint Welsh seaside town pictured on my ticker, family have gone there on and off for donkeys years. going to have a "bonding" week with my younger two (28 and 20), I hope, either that or I throttle 'em!

I just hope our weather holds ......:laugh:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    wE ARE GOING TO GO HOME FOR 2 WEEKS TO PORTLAND OREGON. BE NICE TO SEE THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS. WE USUALLY GET THE VISITORS TO COME TO US , WE LIVE IN THE FINEST CITY, SAN DIEGO,CA.

i live in portland oregon!
    we do a yearly trip down to san deigo to visit our parents.

hope u have great weather here!
  • kimss
    Options

of course we have great weather here!!!!!! we always do!!!!!:laugh: to funny how we are opposite. we are from and our familys still live in Portland. we will plan on returning when my hubby retires from the navy. it will be so hard to leave this beautiful city though. we love it so much here. we will stay if we can. I can't understand why anyone would ever leave here by choice. :bigsmile:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

of course we have great weather here!!!!!! we always do!!!!!:laugh: to funny how we are opposite. we are from and our familys still live in Portland. we will plan on returning when my hubby retires from the navy. it will be so hard to leave this beautiful city though. we love it so much here. we will stay if we can. I can't understand why anyone would ever leave here by choice. :bigsmile:

we are funny!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    i was born/raised in Brentwood, LA. hubby, in san deigo (la jolla area).
    but, i feel portland is the most beautiful city!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kimss
    Options

we are funny!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    i was born/raised in Brentwood, LA. hubby, in san deigo (la jolla area).
    but, i feel portland is the most beautiful city!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Yes, Portland is pretty, but the clouds and rain just make me feel," down". I have never been so energenic than in the last 5 yrs living here. I see the sunshine and feel happy most of the time. I can't explain it, but I love it. But, I do miss the green grass, the friends and family, and the smell of fresh air.