a whole year of dedication (with pics)

Options
Anyone who believes that this isn't possible....trust me it is TOTALLY possible because I am living proof of it. I started my journey back in Sept 2010 and joined MFP in Feb. 2011. I can't believe I have had a full year of dedication!! Despite my weight loss ticker - I have lost 60 lbs to date. Life has been difficult lately due to a horrible divorce, so I am slipped into my old habits a little. BUT I am pulling myself back out of it as we speak. I have gone from around 200 lbs to 135. Right now, I am just trying to maintain after a drop the few extra lbs I have put back on. Here are my pics to prove that ANYTHING is possible with a little dedication and willpower:

July 2010 - around 200 lbs.
34t6cde.png

Jan 2012 - 135 lbs (around 60 lbs gone forever)
bfm8vp.jpg

I feel amazing - I have alot more energy to chase around my 2 babies (3 yrs and 19 mo). I am slowly getting my self-esteem back that my ex took from me (you can read that in a previous post if you like) - he was abusive. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. So many people on here have helped me, so I am extending the same helpfulness to others. Just remembe...you ARE worth it, so go for it!!!

Replies

• maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm so glad you're getting back to YOU. Congratulations!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You do look great, congratulations to you!
  • TheCountryLife
    TheCountryLife Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, You Look Amazing !! I can't wait to be down to your size !! Great Job !!
  • carrollel
    carrollel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    AWESOME and inspiring!!
  • Mich2Meadows
    Options
    Congratulations to you. It's his loss
  • newfieborn
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the great work and don't let someone else ruin your life. You have to live your life for you.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well done you look great!
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on the loss. I'm sorry to hear about your situation (sounds horrible) but you've made at least two great decisions for yourself and your babies 1) You've divorced an abusive man and 2) You've dedicated yourself to a healthier lifestyle.

Way to go!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulation on your weight loss. I really needed this inspiration this morning!!:)
  • sunnygal1
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! You are beautiful!!! Here's to your new life ahead :drinker: Thanks for posting your inspiring story!!
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great! Way to be an example for your kids in more ways than 1!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congratuations. You have done a fantastic job. Your story is inspiring.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    You look 20 years younger!!! Good job!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! great job staying focused!
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You really do look a lot younger! That is fantastic! You should be super proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic! Having been through an abusive relationship I know how hard this is emotionally. It made me gain 100lbs in a year after we split up. It was in the hands of the police and he was stalking and harassing me the whoke time. I hated myself. I gave up. Now I'm realising I'm worth it and I'm doing this for me. He won't ruin any more of my life. We are so strong and we can finish this! X
  • kawanna941
    kawanna941 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is great!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    so proud of you Beth!
  • tiffanylanderson
    Options
    Your such an inspiration. You look amazing.
  • TinaVanHoecke
    Options
    you look great! Stress can be bad for slipping into old habits, but try to be strong and don't make excuses. I am in a bit of a stressful time right now myself and I find I am cheating a bit or too stressed to eat. I am hoping they balance each other out till things settle down. Good luck to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!