What does it feel like

Options

Replies

• bobbye95
    bobbye95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    love is knowing that the person you love always has your back and loving you just the way you are.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    To me...Love is like a pair of track pants. They were all exciting and new and tight at first, and then they kinda stretched out, and get comfy.......they may not be "new and fancy and exciting anymore"....but to me...they are the most comfortable, awesome thing in the world, and I look forward to going home to them every single day...and there might be a few holes in them, but I remember every story behind every rip and I will never get rid of them because when I'm in them there is no greater feeling in the entire planet...they form to me and it's taken me a LOONG time to get them this way and now it's like they were made just for me because it's like they hug me every time i get into them....and I may go into the mall and see other track pants that look all fancy and new, and you might be tempted to buy a new pair...but, no matter what, no "new" pair will feel like the pair I have waiting for me at home...........it may seem boring...but it's true..I've been with my husband 10 years and married for 3 and I look forward to going home and cuddling up to him every single night. We were made for eachother and I would compromise anything for him. I truely truely love him and after years of thinking I knew what love was, I finally found it with him and it was the most comfortable, safe, real feeling I had ever had!!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    It's an action. It's selfless in it's intent and it's sacrifice. The desire for something to be everything it can be and the will to get it there.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Love is an action not an emotion. The motions are a biproduct of it and an indicator only. Our emotions decieve us. Sometimes you have to step out and do something even though everything within you screams out NOOOOOOOOO.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    It's this and you keep going back for more

al-ross-you-re-wrong-and-you-know-it-and-i-m-right-and-i-know-it--new-yorker-cartoon.jpg
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Sounds corny, but it feels complete. Like I'm not whole when he's gone. We've spent some seriously long times apart due to his job, and while I lived my life, went to work, took care of business, etc, a part of me was always missing. The butterflies are nice, but when you've been with someone long enough to feel like they are truly a part if you, that is what it's all about :heart:

This. We've been married for 22 years this May, & for most of the time he's worked away, sometimes for long periods. I still get collywobbles when he comes home.:heart:

Yes! And after the first night or so it's just like he hasn't even been gone. I love collywobbles, BTW.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Like this?

excited.gif
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Can only speak for myself but it makes me feel comfortable, complete, and anticipatory for what's ahead. Also, painful. There is no love without side-splitting laughter.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    It feels like Christmas!!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have been married for 14 years and realize there will always be ups and downs in a long term relationship. I've grown to appreciate both. :tongue:

On the good days - slightly intoxicated and runners high all mixed to gether
    On the bad days - like there are not enough tears
    On the good days - like your face will crack from smiling
    well put all of this and even more..
  • Charli666
    Options
    warm apple pie ;)
  • yokem55
    Options
    I have been married for 14 years and realize there will always be ups and downs in a long term relationship. I've grown to appreciate both. :tongue:

On the good days - slightly intoxicated and runners high all mixed to gether
    On the bad days - like there are not enough tears
    On the good days - like your face will crack from smiling
    well put all of this and even more..
    Amen. The wife and I have been together for 11 years (married for 7). There is more to love than how you are emotionally feeling at any point in time. There are times when I am frustrated beyond exasperation with my wife, and times she feels the same way about me. There are times when we are so much in touch with each other emotionally that we could forget the rest of the world. But you know what? Our love for each other isn't more or less in either of those situations. Our love what binds us together through all of these times.

If all you are looking for is a specific emotion. You probably won't find it....
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Personally, for me, that punched-in-the-gut/mental-disorder feeling was for the 1st stage (much like infatuation). Now, after 11 years, it's more comfortable, warm, & uplifting. It's less crazy and more stable and more real. Thumbs up.

This^^^
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Legen......Wait for it......
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Dary.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Some kind of mental disorder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... YES! I love this and it is so true. LMAO! =))
  • imaginec
    imaginec Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree! A mental disorder for sure.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    What does it feel like to be in love?

Hmmm i'll ask your mom. BAZINGA!

(only joking)
  • devincl1
    devincl1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Some kind of mental disorder.

That's Funny Sh@t!
  • flyingwrite
    Options
    It's that feeling of reaching out in the middle of the night and brushing up against him. He's there. Still. Sigh.