PB2 Order received - Your favorite recipe?

Options
keenercam
keenercam Posts: 321 Member
I received my order of PB2 and the chocolate one as well, 2 days early. This morning, I used it in my protein shake and loved it. What is your favorite way to use it?

Replies

• Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I put it in my protein shakes sometimes too. I also add a tablespoon of it to my oatmeal. And dip sliced apples in it...SOOOO yummy!!
  • keenercam
    Options
    I put it in my protein shakes sometimes too. I also add a tablespoon of it to my oatmeal. And dip sliced apples in it...SOOOO yummy!!

Michele - How do you dip sliced apples? In the powder? Do you sprinkle it on the apple slices? Or do you add water to it?
  • Michele7091
    Options

Michele - How do you dip sliced apples? In the powder? Do you sprinkle it on the apple slices? Or do you add water to it?

I just cut my apple using an apple slicer...you know where it cuts your apple into nice even wedges and leaves the core in the middle...and then I cut the wedges into bite size pieces and using a fork just dip the pieces in the powder. I usually measure out 2 Tbsps of the PB2 and I can get two apples out of that. You do have to be careful though not to inhale as you're putting the apple in your mouth. All that powder goes straight to the back of your throat...no good.
    I suppose you could just reconstitute it and spread it on ~ I just haven't tried it that way yet.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is to add it to oatmeal. If I have the calories I'll also add some dried cranberries. Yum.

I like it in protein shakes too.

Someone suggested trying it in plain yogurt. I found it a bit too tart for my tastes. Though maybe I'll try it again and add a bit of honey.

I think my next mission with it is to try and make a savory low-fat peanut sauce (for stir fry).
  • Michele7091
    Options

I think my next mission with it is to try and make a savory low-fat peanut sauce (for stir fry).

Oooooh...great idea!!
  • keenercam
    Options

Oooooh...great idea!!

I absolutely agree! I would LOVE to make a chicken in peanut sauce recipe from this. If you figure it out, would you please post it?

Michele - Thanks for the apple info.

Hmmm... hadn't even considered oatmeal. I do steel cut oats in the crockpot overnight. I am thinking this would be an amazing option, especially if I used the PB2 Chocolate. Thanks for the idea!
  • fortydaysrain
    fortydaysrain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had to make dessert for a party so I made a PB2 cream pie. It was the hit of the party!

1 graham cracker crust
    1/2 cup PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
    1 4-serving package Kraft Jello-o Brand Fat Free Sugar Free Pudding, Vanilla or White Chocolate
    1 4-serving package Kraft Jello-o Brand Fat Free Sugar Free Pudding, Chocolate
    3 cups nonfat milk, divided

Mix PB2, vanilla or white chocolate pudding mix, and 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk well. Immediately pour mixture over graham cracker crust. Mix chocolate pudding mix with remaining 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk. Pour carefully over peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate for at least three hours before serving.
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I mix it in plain yogurt and I dip just about everything in it (mixed with water). The directions are on the back for the mix between water and PB2.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I received my order of PB2 and the chocolate one as well, 2 days early. This morning, I used it in my protein shake and loved it. What is your favorite way to use it?

I have heard about this but haven't had any luck finding it? You said order received...is this something that has to be ordered online?
  • fitcounselor
    fitcounselor Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use it in my Shakeology and also use it with apples (mixed with water). The pie recipe sounds delish and so does the peanut sauce!! YAY! Thanks for starting this thread! Oh, and here is a link to it if you guys have questions: http://store.bellplantation.com/?Click=53789
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Love my PB2! The chocolate is even better! I've made a PB cheesecake with it and used a couple of the recipes from the PB2 website. I swear anything with it is good. I add it with some cocoa to my sludge too. :heart:
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm expecting a shipment of this today too. I think I may blend some in a chocolate protein shake. I'm dying for something that tastes like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Add 1 tbsp to a vanilla yogurt 100g container like Source or Silhouette (35 cals0 and dip apple slices in it. It's like dipping apples in PB but you get 4x more dip than with peanut butter alone and its sweeter.
  • muddypaws04
    muddypaws04 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Someone enlighten me and tell me what on earth PB2 is please? lol
  • muddypaws04
    muddypaws04 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ah its ok, google just told me! Brilliant, looks like I'd have to ship in from the U.S.though. Hmmm...
  • lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just got my PB2 this week for the first time (original and chocolate) and LOVE IT!!! Who would have thought of all the posibilities!!
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    I started using PB2 Chocolate in my oatmeal with half cup of Vanilla Almond milk and some water...it's great!
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm expecting a shipment of this today too. I think I may blend some in a chocolate protein shake. I'm dying for something that tastes like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup!

Yep, I put it in my chocolate shake mix. It's great in there. I also sprinkle it over apples. the jar needs a shaker top.
  • pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Take 2 tbsp of PB2 and add 1 tbsp of water. Mix.
    That's how it's best; plain!! <3:)
  • jessilynn1982
    jessilynn1982 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My cousin told me about this stuff, and I just placed my order through amazon! Thanks for all the yummy ideas!