What a wonderful job well done, congrats
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    great work! You look fabulous!
  • Slim_Donna
    Slim_Donna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, well done! Congratulations on your half marathon that's a great achievement :happy:
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Keep it up!
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    Great job!!! You look fantastic :)
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you look great! super awsome job! someday i want before and afters like that:wink:
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats and thanks for sharing your story!
  • newfieborn
    Options
    Great job!!! R u at your target weight yet? Keep up the great work.
  • Maribelle1978
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! You look fantastic! Keep it up! Its worth every effort... Congrads!!!

14421931.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    you look fantastic! I feel inspired!
  • AshleyVeronica
    AshleyVeronica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look so healthy! :)
  • Debra0330
    Options
    Congrats! What a great accomplishment on two fronts! Very inspiring!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just re-read this again...in a years time you went from someone who did not exercise to someone who was capable of completing a HALF MARATHON - this is amazing. :happy:

If you have a moment can you share a little about what you did when you started running and your progression?
  • renu74
    renu74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It is so important for us here trying to hang in there to see success stories like yours. People like you give us the motivation we need. Congratulations!! on your success!! Keep it going..
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You are incredible!
  • mander1621
    Options
    WOW! You look great! And so much happier too! Amazing job! :D
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    nicely done!
  • rensker
    rensker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's really awesome to hear from you guys :D

To answer peoples questions:

I'm 5'7", I am at goal weight, I guess. I stopped looking at the scale because I was getting to obsessed with it. I do want to recomp - lose fat and gain muscle. But I'm being pretty relaxed about it.

ttkg - I started running summer 2010. I barely could do 5 mins non-stop. If I had know about C25K it probably would have been really good for me, but I slowly built up on my own. I was just amazed I could do it at the time so I kept adding a few mins at a time. Once I got to the 5K distance I signed up for a race - I'm not sure what exactly got me to decide to do it but it definitely motivated me. I had only run outside a few times before doing it and going from treadmill to outside was mentally tough! I felt as if treadmill running isn't really running (of course is not true). Once the 5K was done (finished in 32:30) I decided on the half-marathon. I kept trying to get into plan like hal-higdon etc, but I'm not really good at keeping schedules, and I had a few injuries, exams, moves between cities. I just made sure I increased every 1-2 weeks my long run by 1 mile and run 3-4x per week. Actually, in the month before the race I had really only run 1-11 miler (my longest) and 2-8 milers because of how busy I was. The fact the 13 miles was the longest I had ever run didn't hinder me, I finished strong and (nearly) painless 2:05. A month later I ran another 5K in 25:40.
    You're right, I went from barely being able to run to finishing a half marathon in a year. Its a bit crazy thinking about it now but I'm super happy I did it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!