Ladies.. what about gear for the larger "girls"

Options

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm not huge (34 D) but I've still always had a hard time finding an exercise bra that was supportive. In fact, until now I've always worn 2 when doing anything with impact. But I recently order a bra from Amazon and I love it. It's comfortable, and keeps the girls in line while I do Zumba. And it doesn't look like I've got an Ace bandage wrappy around my chest under my t-shirt. I've just ordered 2 more!

There are many positive reviews from bustier women. Here is the link, if you you'd like to check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001B1PL1A/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1

I am in the same boat (34d) and I have the same problem finding ones that fit in the band AND in the cups... funny enough, one of the best support I have gotten is from the victoria secret sports bras... thinking it might be because they are a bra company first and sport second (as opposed to like nike, adidas, under armour). I know that my sister tried them and really liked them too and she is a bit hard to fit.
  • calcorn1
    Options
    I'm a HUGE girls, 34F.. and I order from online. BUT i just found a sports bra at walmart, sized 2x, its feels like its got extra weave sew in ..which, accomplied by a looser under sport bra ( i have to always wear two).. makes me comfortable enough to job and jumpjakes.
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    NikeSwift. really any bra that hooks instead of pull over the head has been good for me. :D
  • JoyBaran
    Options
    I've done a lot of research on this topic..Try Moving Comfort 'Fiona' Bra
  • Elmorlan
    Options
    I got one that I love at JCPenny. The brand is Underscore. It zips up the front so it's easy to get off when I'm sweaty. It is really comfortable and there is no bouncing while I run.( I'm a 40 DD.) Plus it was affordable. Only $20. JCP runs lots of BOGO sales too.
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I believe I have Champion and Reebok sports bras. I usually double up (wear two) just to be on the safe side LOL
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I had to buy online as I'm 36JJ and noone sells sports bras in stock that size. That said I love my Shock Absorber!
  • ginathomas1957
    Options
    Avenue has a good selection and so does Elder Beerman
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I double bag....regular bra and sports bra. I'm sporting somewhere between a G-H cup, depending on brand.
  • orange_you_glad
    orange_you_glad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36G -- even after losing 15 pounds. I run, and it's REALLY important to me that the girls stay put, as otherwise, I get a lot of back pain. Neither Title 9 nor Lane Bryant carry bras that will fit me (as in, fit both the cup size and the band size). After searching high and low, I now swear by the Elomi Energise bra. It keeps the girls in place, it's got great back support, and added bonus, doesn't squish the girls together into a uniboob.

http://www.herroom.com/elomi-8040-energise-underwire-sports-bra.shtml?kwid=d0738ed8a865478480660bbb7ae953efe

Seriously, I can't recommend it enough. You can buy them online from HerRoom.com, or Nordstrom usually carries them if you're in the US. They aren't cheap, but they are effective, and they will save your back.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • curvylady1
    curvylady1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can find some really good tops out there....Freya is my favourite brand, Impact and Panache are also very good. Sometimes, if you are doing high impact training, there is a need to wear two, one wired and a soft one on top. In my experience, while running wearing two reduces pain, however if just weight lifting or things like that, one is good enough.

I wear a 32G, so it tends to get heavy and the bouncing can get painful without proper support.
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    bump
  • caritiger
    caritiger Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    In my Tae Kwon Do days, which involved a lot of jumping and bouncing, the only solution I could find was to wear my regular bra underneath a sports bra. Between the two they minimized the movement side to side and up and down. The only problem besides extra laundry was the aforementioned uniboob. LOL
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Best Sports Bra I ever bought is from Victoria Secret (surprisingly). I also have a hook and eye from champion that's pretty good, but i don't like the hooks.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Enell sports bra (Oprah's top recommendation)! I have DD+ and that bra holds them down, tight and out of the way for exercise! I call it my body armor! I love it, I swear by it, and it is worth every penny I have spent on them. I now own 5! Nike, champion, etc all have failed horribly. This is the ONLY bra I can run in.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm very large on top (would rather not give the exact numbers, but it is bigger than DDD). I have never found a better bra than the Enell bra. It is amazing.
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am a DDD and the only sports bra I have found that I LOVE and that doesn't break the bank is made by Goddess. They are about $35-40 and I highly recommend them. Just google it- they have them numerous places online. I have the one that is white with grey trimming and it is sooo supportive.
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    wow thanks so much! I love all the different suggestions and will definitely be researching all of them!
    bumpin it up :)
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I did try the Enell and dint like it much.

Wow, really, you didn't like the Enell? Are you sure you had the right size on? Then again everyone is different so I can understand that some people are built one way and a certain bra may be perfect and another person might find it super uncomfortable....

Good luck :)