Before pictures... 30ds. Be nice please

Options
Okay I am making a huge step in the right direction by trying to get over/work on my body issues. I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred. I wanted to post 'before' pictures, then on day 30 I will come back and post after ones... I am very self conscious about my body, I hope I don't regret posting these.. If anyone else has 30ds before/after pictures feel free to post them, I need the motivation!!! (btw In these pictures I am 118-120 at 5'4, my goal weight is 110)

30ds1.jpg

30ds2.jpg

30ds6.jpg

And lastly...this is the WORST one for me to ever post because I HATE my thighs with a passion. I never ever show my upper thigh area...not to mention my awesome back fat.. HOPEFULLY 30 day shred will kick my *kitten* into shape. On day 9 now, thats how long it took me to post these..

30ds4.jpg

Replies

• GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, You have absolutely nothing to be embarrased about!! You are gorgeous!! I would give my left arm to look even half as good as you do now! It's great that you want to tone up and what not but you look great as is!!!!!
  • jjv100
    jjv100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Strength train will help you build lean muscle and get that tone look you are looking for.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see the after! Pretty low weight now, but lean out and add muscle will be a knockout combo!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Are you freakin' insane? I'd die for your body! Be proud.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    You have a nice body! I wish I had that body! I'm sure 30DS will bring out your muscles more but also it should help you lose inches if not weight. :flowerforyou:
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :smile: Envious of the classic hourglass shape!!!! Congrats on trying to tone up. Can't wait to see the after shots!
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Strength train will help you build lean muscle and get that tone look you are looking for.

30 day shred won't help? I want to get rid of body fat as well as tone. I planned on doing ripped in 30 next then either 'insanity' or 'p90x' But I am lost when it comes to the "best" way to get the results I want. I am pushing myself to eat more then 1200 calories because eating this little has stopped my weight loss. But I am convinced eating more = gaining weight. In my head when I go over 1500 calories I freak out because I have been sticking to 1200 for so long that 1200 to me is a maximum amount of calories. Me & food have a bad relationship. I have never starved myself or anything but I count calories like a psycho, and feel guilty if I go over what I think is to much. (also body dysmorphic disorder doesn't help either! I see a whale when I look in the mirror. Nobody gets it and everyone thinks I am fishing for compliments..I WISH that was the case, those pictures make me want to hit the delete key and send them to my recycle bin and never look at them again! or cry.. or both) I think mfp has just made that a lot worse.. I wish I had a personal trainer that would say do this do that eat this not that... then I would be fine. I wish I had a healthy relationship with food, that I could go back to the days before I obsessed over calories and knew the calories of everything in my fridge
  • eatmeingo
    Options
    You look so great! Hopefully I'll look that great at 120. :) Also I love the shot with your earrings in it, they look awesome.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    :smile: Envious of the classic hourglass shape!!!! Congrats on trying to tone up. Can't wait to see the after shots!

It would be a hourglass if I didn't have the back fat.. the one thing I actually LIKE about myself is my small waist.. Hopefully I will be happier about posting my 'after' pictures...
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Omg where is this back fat your talking about your gorgeous!!!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Omg where is this back fat your talking about your gorgeous!!!

:drinker:
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Seriously?
    Back fat?
    Thighs?
    I am the same height as you..and would KILL to have your body!!!
    You should be thrilled you look like that!
    What I wouldn't GIVE to be able to have a flat stomach, perfectly shaped rear (yes..your is perfect), and legs that didn't rub together!!!
    Be PROUD of your body.....you are absolutely stunning, and I'm sure there are a LOT of people here who would agree with everything I have said!
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Do you think you will be able to see your progress, or will you still see "fat"?
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Back fat? Girl you crazy.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Okay I am making a huge step in the right direction by trying to get over/work on my body issues. I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred. I wanted to post 'before' pictures, then on day 30 I will come back and post after ones... I am very self conscious about my body, I hope I don't regret posting these.. If anyone else has 30ds before/after pictures feel free to post them, I need the motivation!!! (btw In these pictures I am 118-120 at 5'4, my goal weight is 110)

30ds1.jpg

30ds2.jpg

30ds6.jpg

And lastly...this is the WORST one for me to ever post because I HATE my thighs with a passion. I never ever show my upper thigh area...not to mention my awesome back fat.. HOPEFULLY 30 day shred will kick my *kitten* into shape. On day 9 now, thats how long it took me to post these..

30ds4.jpg

Do you have some kind of body dysmorphia disorder? Your frame and shape are probably considered around the ideal already.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Great pictures, nice an athletic. I do not see any back fat either ....We are all our own worst critics!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    If your focus is to look "ripped", go with P90X. It has more weight training, which is key to the ripped look. Insanity is hard core cardio. Something else to consider is Max Workouts. There is no DVD with it, it's just a hard core circuit exercise program that has a 90 day schedule. It is geared towards athletes. I've been doing it for 4 weeks and have seen great results (my profile picture is 3 years old - I look much healthier now).
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    BTW - you look great just as you are! But I understand the desire to look better, no matter what your starting point is.
  • RasheedaR
    RasheedaR Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    These are the after's right?! :) You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • leomakarov
    leomakarov Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I hope the problem is not psychological rather than physical. Just a thought.