Shocked !!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    we've all been there and done that. But we all made it here too! Welcome to the club..... you can be successful here!!
  • endya1
    endya1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a great tool. If you are conscientious about your tracking and exercise, you will surely see results. This really helps you to make healthier food choices as well.
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    This is the best place for you! Feel free to add me if you need support. I have made the most amazing friends and received the most incredible support on this site. Take one day at a time, be religious about logging your food - even when it isn't good, and I swear, the weight will come off eventually. No matter how hard it seems right now.

You've taken the first step and that's what counts. It's only up from here!

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's OK. You have definately come to the right place. The support is amazing with the right friends. Not only do they support you but you do the same. If you want another friend add me. Can never have to meny friends. Good luck.:wink:
  • lena0105
    lena0105 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Add me as a friend if you want.
  • mcoenen
    Options
    You have taken a great step to help reach your goal. Being aware of calorie totals is a vital part of any attempt to lose weight. And it teaches you how to be honest with your portions, therefore yourself. As someone mentioned earlier, become religious in logging EVERYTHING and you will see quick results!
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    It's okay, your journey's already begun just by you wanting to make a change. :) You can add me if you like!

My wake up call was a photograph from a friend's wedding last year. Oh. My. God. Was that not half a wake up call?
  • sallunia
    sallunia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! :smile:
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new to the site but we are all here for the same reason! We are in this together!
  • Langlady
    Langlady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This site is great for support, not only in weight loss but even other issues that can cause or add to stress and most of us are either stress eaters, emotional eaters and so forth. We all are here for the same reason and different backgrounds.

If you have a smart phone download the app and you will always have the support group with you and a way to constantly keep track of you food and exercise. NO matter how you are feeling or how much you eat we are all here.

Add me as a friend if you want.
  • Rsanseri
    Rsanseri Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. Myfitnesspal has been the most successful weight loss tool I have ever used. I have only been using it since September, and I'm on a slow track... half a pound a week. But it works. I've lost 12 pounds. Not a lot... but I haven't done that in over 2 decades! Moreover, its fun, and I rarely feel deprived. Even with occasionally not meeting my goal for the day, I'm able to start fresh the next day and get right back on track. But I'm not just focusing on calories. I'm using this as an opportunity to monitor my iron (which tends to be low), increase my protein intake and limit sugar. I think having these peripheral goals, if you will, gives you a multi prong approach with more opportunities for success. And of course... exercise! I'm not talking, go out an run a mile. I'm talking a ten minute walk. Maybe later, ride your bike to the store. How about trying a Zumba class? Water aerobics? Even gardening! It all adds up. You'll see. I strongly believe the key is to find what you enjoy doing... and enjoy eating. There are plenty of delicious foods out there, not all from a box. Try making your own lunch... or find a healthier version of your favorite treat that you can make yourself. Every little step counts towards making this a lifestyle change. And it WILL happen... before you know it. Meanwhile, take deep cleansing breaths when you're overwhelmed, use kind and positive self talk. Celebrate your success, and remember.... its a journey. Enjoy it. ; )
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump to answer later on today :)