Just starting.

Options
I downloaded the app quite a while back but just now started using it. When I was first setting it up I was guesstimating my weight at 200 because the last time I weighed I was 202. I am 5' and this is the first time I have EVER been over 200 and when I see pictures or my reflection, I am so very discouraged. I weighed last night and was very surprised that it was only 198.8!

The final straw was last week when I went to Goodwill because I need some new pants. I tried on 7 pairs of size 16. Or should I say I "tried" to try on 7 pairs. I was only actually able to get 1 pair all the way up and zipped. Now I have always had a weird shape and my hips have always been a bit of a nuisance but this was just downright ridiculous. It still took me another week to finally actually take some action. So last Friday, I started tracking.

I need a buddy. I need someone to talk with everyday to keep me going. To maybe help me get to doing more exercise. To keep me on track, especially on weekends. I did WW for a year when they were offering it here at work and I lost 25 lbs so I know I can do it and I know the secret is portion control and tracking. I just can't do it myself.

Replies

• MisaIsARobot
    Options
    I'll gladly be your fitness pal! I'm on this site religously so I'm available to talk and help you stay on the right track. :) Feel free to add me.
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I need a buddy too. I am ordering Jillian's Body Revolution tonight and taking before pictures. I NEED to change my body.
  • kimg70
    kimg70 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm right here with you all too!!
    Been playing with the App for about a week and 1/2. Time to get serious!!

I do great all day and then usually blow it at night when I get home. I really need to get a good exercise routine, just can't seem to motivate myself!
  • makkc02
    Options
    I just found this site, and would love to buddy up with people for motivation. My husband is supporting me, but if he says, "Hey Kel, shouldn't you go to the gym or something?" I may nut slap him, so it is probably safer for him to keep him out of it.
  • psanoja
    psanoja Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi to all,
    I've been using this site for a year now, with greats results when I've followed it through. Now, I'm back, seriously. My doctor has given me six months to lose 50 pounds. If I don't, then I need to get into an awful therapy--its nature is not important.
    I've never been given that kind of a challenge. I'm a 46 year old male, currently at 220 pounds. I need to get to 170 or better before August.
    I play tennis everyday, and have been able to lose and keep more than 30 pounds over the last year. But it's not enough. Any encouragement is welcome.
  • midge52
    Options
    Hello! Are you still interested in having a "buddy" ? I too would appreciate having someone to give me a bit of a boost when needed and/or praise when deserved. I'm barely 5ft. 2in. and weigh 276. I've been on the dieting yo-yo so many times I lost count! The last time I successfully lost weight I was using Ali to help me and it worked wonderfully. I lost 55 pounds and 88 inches (over all) in about 1 year. The diet plan that came with Ali was not hard to stick to really. But I'm afraid I lost interest.....kinda lame, huh? Well, I really would love to be your buddy, so please let me know.... I'll check back here later today and each day after entering my food intake. Hope to hear from you soon.

Midge52
  • rosy_s
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    just signed up to myfitnesspal!
    Started gym yesterday and diet today!
    I need to lose 13 pounds (6kgs) in 3-4 months. Nothing to dramatic...just need the encouragement.
    will keep in touch!
    good luck to all :)
    R.
  • csulfarro
    Options
    Hi Lady,

I am just starting as well, been about a week, but the program seems to be working! Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies and thank to all those that have sent me a friend request. Seeing "Lady Buell has no friends" was a little disturbing.

I've started a blog and I am going to try to post on it everyday. Weekends (when I really need to the most) are going to be a little harder because I don't usually get on the computer from home. I get enough of it during the week at work. But maybe, i can at least do it from my phone. I kinda wish all the features of the website were available in the app. I am so much more likely to check in from my phone on the weekends. Please check out my blog and leave me comments.
  • slimtobemom
    Options
    Hi all. Started the app yesterday and pleased.to see so many friendly faces on here. I want to loose just over a stone so hopefully with the use of the app and friendly people I will hit my goal.
  • jpsgrl
    jpsgrl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Glad to jump in if you'll have me. I have been on the app for 3 days now, really like it. Hoping to lose 40lbs, but I will take baby steps and be grateful for every accomplishment. I weighed in on 2-7, so I won't again until 3-7. Wish me luck and I will be rooting for y'all!