Any suppliments that I can take for energy/metabolism boost?

Options

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B-12 and also vitamin D

Agree :smile:
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I was having the same fatigue problem. Went to the doc to get some test ran thinking perhaps my Vit Bs were low and my D was drastically drastically low! I'm on prescribed supplements, along with B complex.....If you are eating healthy and getting excercise you shouldn't be worn down constantly...many times it's your body telling you there's something wrong. Go see your doc!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Beware those scams where the supplement sharks lace pills with a few vitamins for the label's sake and tons of caffeine. And they hide the caffeine by using all these tricky herbal names for it like "African Kola Nut" or something else they make up.

Just save your money and drink coffee if you want a rush of caffeine.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I was having the same fatigue problem. Went to the doc to get some test ran thinking perhaps my Vit Bs were low and my D was drastically drastically low! I'm on prescribed supplements, along with B complex.....If you are eating healthy and getting excercise you shouldn't be worm down constantly...many times it's your body telling you there's something wrong. Go see your doc!

Good advice!!!!!!
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    B-complex with high amounts of B12 and B6.
  • amehime
    amehime Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1lb in 10 days isn't bad at all. Healthy loss is 1lb-2lb/week. Also keep in mind that most women gain water weight when menstruating/ovulating, if that makes a difference. I find that lean protein helps me stay fuller for longer and helps with my workouts. I've recently started using Designer Whey protein powder and it has seems to help a lot - you can find it on amazon.com or in GNC stores, but amazon has more flavors.
  • Smashleymae10
    Options
    I've been taking GNC Women's Ultra Mega Vitamin with Energy and Metabolism. I really like it so far! Just don't take it too late in the day cuz it's time released so you're not up all night. I have read to get a time released vitamin too so that you don't get sick. My PT said it was a good vitamin to take too. Plus, when you get them on sale, they are pretty reasonably priced...I thought.
  • MaximalLife
    Options
    I tried capsiplex in the beginning as I had no energy to exercise for long but after one of these I could manage a 2 hour workout at 5am!
    Wow - again, what's in these pills?
    Caffeine!

Be smart people! Just drink coffee; it's cheaper....:laugh:
  • MaximalLife
    Options
    I've been taking GNC Women's Ultra Mega Vitamin with Energy and Metabolism. I really like it so far! Just don't take it too late in the day cuz it's time released so you're not up all night. I have read to get a time released vitamin too so that you don't get sick. My PT said it was a good vitamin to take too. Plus, when you get them on sale, they are pretty reasonably priced...I thought.
    GNC Women's Ultra Mega Vitamin with Energy and Metabolism - wow, that sounds just DANDY!

I wonder what their secret ingredient is?
    CAFFEINE! :laugh:
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I know I've told you this :wink: but 1lb down is just fine for 10 days in. My suggestion would be to try and eat a more "clean" diet that consists mostly of meat, veggies and fruits. When I cut out a lot of my fast food runs (and fried food in general)my energy improved! I still have my 1 cup of coffee each day and that helps as well. :bigsmile:
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I tried capsiplex in the beginning as I had no energy to exercise for long but after one of these I could manage a 2 hour workout at 5am!
    Wow - again, what's in these pills?
    Caffeine!

Be smart people! Just drink coffee; it's cheaper....:laugh:

Its also got capsicum and niacin in.. I've also tried cheaper caffeine only pills and not had any results, didn't get any increase in energy or lose the 4-6lbs a week they claimed but had energy to exercise 2 hours daily on Capsiplex and reguarly lost, even at TOTM!
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    I take L-Carnitine and Co-enzme Q10 which were recommended to me. Q10 from Tesco or Saisburys are cheaper, alternatively you can get both from a health store.

Good luck with the weight loss!!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I take L-Carnitine and Co-enzme Q10 which were recommended to me. Q10 from Tesco or Saisburys are cheaper, alternatively you can get both from a health store.

How does Q10 help with weight loss? .. its just I've also seen this one mentioned on an ataxia (a progressive condition that causes loss of voluntary motor control) forum - I have ataxia .. I'll be asking there too exactly how it helps ataxia.. so would be also interested to know how it helps with losing weight before I considered taking it.
  • MaximalLife
    Options
    the only thing that will boost energy levels (you naturally produce HGH!) is to stimulate your body with heavy weight lifting. Get on a machine if you don't know how to lift, start at an uncomfortably heavy weight that you can move for 10 reps, then UP that weight for a couple of more sets. That weight should be heavy!

a half hour weight lifting workout that makes you sweat will empower your body to naturally release HGH, and improve your energy levels. And let you sleep fantastically. Who needs "supplementation" when your body naturally creates the hormones you need to safely increase energy and vitality?
    ^^^^^^^^
    THIS!
    If you're going to get addicted to something, here it is.
  • Smashleymae10
    Options
    Yeah I was a Dr. Pepperaholic before so I wanted to stop drinking pop, but still need the caffeine. I was also looking for a multi-vitamin to take, so that pill works for me. And I'm not a coffee drinker! So it works for me!!!
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Beware those scams where the supplement sharks lace pills with a few vitamins for the label's sake and tons of caffeine. And they hide the caffeine by using all these tricky herbal names for it like "African Kola Nut" or something else they make up.

Yep this is pretty much what I was going to say.

And realistically those things are so overpriced its not even funny. Supplement companies make more on energy/weight loss pills than anything else.

Your better off staying on the elliptical or treadmill machine for 5 more minutes.
  • GloriaCary
    Options
    DR OZ is recommending RASBERRY KETONE .Good luck finding this supplement,because every since his show aired on Monday it has flown off the shelves.Today was my first day on it,and i will let you know how it goes.
  • MaximalLife
    Options

Yep this is pretty much what I was going to say.

And realistically those things are so overpriced its not even funny. Supplement companies make more on energy/weight loss pills than anything else.

Your better off staying on the elliptical or treadmill machine for 5 more minutes.
    My hats off to these scammers.

They sure know what buttons to push.

And they know to put some silly something or other in those caffeine pills like hot sauce, B12 or whatever...:laugh:
    It's just insane, and still people line up to make them rich.

I bow in awe to their marketing brilliance.
  • Pauline3290
    Options

How does Q10 help with weight loss? .. its just I've also seen this one mentioned on an ataxia (a progressive condition that causes loss of voluntary motor control) forum - I have ataxia .. I'll be asking there too exactly how it helps ataxia.. so would be also interested to know how it helps with losing weight before I considered taking it.
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    I can't remember who recommended Q10 to me but I've just googled it and an informative website was named Buzzle.com (never heard of the site before but clear explanations).

Hope this helps.