JM Ripped in 30... anything else?

Options
Hi all, i have started this morning Jillian Michaels ripped in 30. This programme is based on her 3,2,1 system as 30day Shred. I did the workout at 7am this morning before work. My query is this evening should i also be doing something additional or is that enough? I am used to doing Insanity which is lasts longer than the 37mins of JM.

Thinking should i do Ripped in 30 before work and do it again in the evenings or Insanitys Fast and Furious or take a break in the evenings?

Appreciate any advice. Starting to feel a little sore, so wondering whether i should wait until the morning before exerising again?

Replies

• MrsDens
    Options
    Lisa I've been doing RI30 for the last 29 days (tomorrow is my last one :D ) I only do that everyday, apart from Fridays when I go to the gym too for a run and some extra weights. I've got a blog going of my progress daily and you can find that on the forum in weight loss if you want to look.

Today I did level 1 and 2 back to back and it was really tough, so I think doing something straight after is a bit much but I guess it depends on how fit you are, if you are used to insanity it will be way easier for you!

Good luck!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 day shred it, i also walk on my lunch and do the couch 2 5k program. I think it depends on you, if you want to workout more go for it. But listen to your body if it tells you it is tired
  • cah1255
    cah1255 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i am doing insanity now (just started the second month) and i plan on doing ripped in 30 after i am done. my plan is to do ripped in 30 in the mornings, and about 30 min of cardio (the elliptical) in the evening. just because i am used to working out more now (seriously, insanity is kicking my butt!), i know i can do the cardio along with JM, no problem. it couldn't hurt to add a little more exercise in!
    but if your body is feeling fatigued, don't push it too hard. you don't want to hurt yourself. i started using whey protein to help my body recover so i didn't feel so sore the next day. i use the amp wheybolic 60 from GNC, but only one scoop after my main workout (which would be ripped for you). it has really helped. i have not felt nearly as sore as i was feeling before. maybe try adding a protein power in would make you feel better too!
    good luck! can't wait to hear your results!
  • erbujaki80
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of Week 2. I'd just suggest listening to your body and evaluating what your goals are for the program - will this get you there? I'd love to do more but have a 5 month old at home, so the short time frame is perfect and though some moves are difficult for this post-pregnancy mom, it's very doable.

Give it a couple days and see how you feel. Add in more as you see fit. It gets more complex in later weeks and you may feel you're getting more bang for your buck. Let me know how it goes! Nice to see someone else on the same program.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Ri30. I do it in this order:
    day 1--week 1
    day 2--week 2
    day 3--week 3
    day 4-week 4

etc.

I don't find it to be too hard, so I do alternate exercise everyday. However, I had noticed that doing 2 workouts a day for 4 days in a row wiped me out. My evening workouts are like running or cycling and weight training too. I typically burn 700-800 cals/ a day...so I will probably not continue to do as many double workouts/day.
  • Lisa2374
    Lisa2374 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Many thanks everyone, appreciate the replies and to hear what you are all doing :)
    Amy, is your blog on this forum or do you mean the wedding one? I'd love to have a read at that :) Doing back to back sounds good. I only have 45mins before work in the mornings between giving hubbie a lift to work, working out, showering and getting to work so unfortunately B2B wldn't work for me in mornings but could try for twice a day. Normally i walk 3miles home from work but was raining today (surprise surprise in N.Ireland!) so didn't get walking, think thats why i feel i NEED to do something tonight but shoulders burning a little. I think because i'm on a detox and only taken in 1100 calories before exercising = nett approx 800-900 then i'm too tired now to exercise. PS, detox is only for 7days and i'm only doing for 5!

Glad to hear your started Insanity Cah1255 - i absolutely LOVE it, massive fan of it as i've found it the hardest fitness DVD out there :). I think after i do Ripped in 30 over the 30days i'll start doing Insanity as well in evenings and at wkends, even the shorter programms. Good luck with it, it's great :)

Thanks erbujaki... yes great to hear you're on the same programme. Do you have a calorie watch? Any idea how many calories it burns? Good luck :)

Savylon, that sounds great, mixing it up a little. I'm thinking of doing that myself as i think i'll be bored doing the same thing over again in the morning. I tried Turbofire for 3nights in a row and gave up, boring! lol.... Thanks for the advice :0
  • MrsDens
    Options
    Yeh Hun its on the wedding forum , in weight loss, just called ripped in 30! The blog starting day one is here: http://mrsdensdiary.blogspot.com/2012/01/ripped-in-30.html and I've updated with pictures for every day that I've done it.
  • andreakrystal
    Options
    I just got done downloading Ripped in 30 from Amazon. I'm kind of nervous after reading some of the posts, because I've never done a really high intensity program before. I'm hoping to lose some weight, tone, and improve my fitness level. Hopefully this works!!
  • Lisa2374
    Options
    Fantastic Amy, i'll have a read at that now on my lunch. How you feeing, i'm sure better all over? I'm feeling fantastic and only on day 4 :):) Looking forward to seeing your pics and blog :)

Great Andrea, i'm sure you will love it too :) Keep pushing play and good luck :)
  • MrsDens
    Options
    Honestly? Today i feel tired!! As its day 30 I'm goign to try for L3 and L4 tonight but I think its giong to be a bit much - we'll see!

In the last few days I've felt really good about the pictures, there's still a little bit more to do and a few more inches to lose but I'm on the way.

Glad you are enjoying it, its the best feeling when you are at the end!
  • andreakrystal
    Options
    Fantastic Amy, i'll have a read at that now on my lunch. How you feeing, i'm sure better all over? I'm feeling fantastic and only on day 4 :):) Looking forward to seeing your pics and blog :)

Great Andrea, i'm sure you will love it too :) Keep pushing play and good luck :)

Thank you!! I pushed play again yet today, so I'm going to see this thing through :)
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You certainly can do something else and would probably get even better results. I just finished RI30 last week and didn't do anything else (and only did it 5 days a week). But, since starting 30DS this week I decided I should add more things in so I'm also doing her No More Trouble Zone (55 minute workout) Tues, Thurs, and Saturdays (in addition to 30DS) and on Mondays I'm only doing cardio at the gym. Sundays are my total day off. I think it can only help!
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too. I actually didn't find week one that bad (only did it once thus far) even after a hard day at the gym earlier. But the next day boy did I feel both! Glad to see I'm not the only that doubles up some days! I thought I was CRAZY! lol
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I started it few days ago.

Im finding it boring tbf, doing 2 other sessions a day with it.
  • Lisa2374
    Options
    Amy, loved your blog, fantastic and you can totally see the difference :):) You've definately put in a lot of hard work. I've saved it to my favourites and will be following it :):)

Thanks Stacyanne...i'm walking home from work, 3 miles as well and at the wkend will do my Max Cardio Intervals with insanity :) just for extra cardio. I also have No More Trouble Zones, tried it once when i'd more time before work, but it would be one for the evenings for me. Your schedule sounds fantastic :) I can do RI30 5 days a wk in the mornings as such a short programme, Insanity Saturday morning with sister and then walk home from work 3 nights a wk, that sounds sensible. I've a gym membership but haven't made it from xmas! Must try to get back into swimming!

Vicelee, no i don't find it hard either but i hear level 3 is a killer. 2012X if you're finding it boring how about doing different levels during the wk, ie day 1 use wk 1, day 2 use wk 2, day 3 use wk 3 etc and mix it up?

Thanks all and good luck :)
  • MrsDens
    Options
    Level 2 was my least favourite but that's because of my weak wrists and the amount of plank work - ouch.

Yesterday was my last day Lisa, I've posted my before and after pictures on there side by side now and I'm so pleased with my progress. I think I'll try and keep up with the food and exercise blogging and then once a week post pictures as I continue to improve.

Going to start 6 week 6 pack and killer buns and thighs in combination next week as well as a legs programme my brother has given me :)