For everyone that has had success with 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• marquesajen
    Options
    I watched a whole dance workout video once, but didn't leave the couch. Know what? I replayed the whole thing and did the workout, but felt better because I knew what to expect. Don't worry about days 2-30, worry about Day 1. Tomorrow, worry about Day 2, and so on.

I didn't complete it because I got sick/hurt, but every time my husband and I completed a workout from 30DS we felt great. We were sore the next day, but we felt strong and AWESOME. I am still overweight, working slowly towards my goal, but I know you and I can do it.
  • sambo155
    Options
    I did it 5 times then went out of town and lost motivation. Gonna start over this week.

I found that drinking a protein shake right after working out kept me from being sore. I didn't drink one after the 2nd day and OMG! I could barely move! So, my advice is have protein shake ready to go.

If you find that's just too difficult, what about something else? I've never worked out either but I got through it. (I'm 42) After day 5, I decided to try EA Active Sports for th Wii. It was so easy I thought it was a joke! But that' because JM had been kicking my butt. So, maybe start out with something lighter like Wii stuff.
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old son did it with me... You CAN do it!!!! Except me latex on my back while I did the real push ups!! Lol you can do it, just do the modified version and work your way up :) good luck :smile:
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old son did it with me... You CAN do it!!!! Except me latex on my back while I did the real push ups!! Lol you can do it, just do the modified version and work your way up :) good luck :smile:

Meant to say he layed on my back... Damn auto correct lol no latex involved!
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Don't give up. Im on day two. I work out 6-7 days a week and am in pretty decent shape. I used to do cardio classes and all. This leaves me short of breathe but I can feel it! So starting out its going to be rough on you no matter what shape you are in. Just keep at it. Take small rests if you need. Pause it if you must. Relax and start again. Practice makes perfect. Soon you will be done with level 1 and moving on the level 2!
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!

What helps me (I'm on day 6) is knowing its only 20 minutes! At least its not one of those hour videos!!

Trust me it goes by quickly.

Also, just go as hard as you can... THe first few times, I can only do a few regular pushups, I did the rest on the knees.

THe cardio killed me at first, now I'm keeping up more.

And, if you want, don't go up to other levels until you're ready...

I was thinking of doing Level 1 for a month and then Level 2 for a month and Level 3 for a month.

I want to move to the next level after I can do all of what she is teaching in the first level the right way...
  • calcorn1
    Options
    honestly, i did the same thing.. not every video is created equal. maybe 30day shred isn't up your alley, try something else.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I posted halfway pics of day 1 and day 15. (1/2 way results of 30 ds....day 1 and day 15). I actually gained 3-4 pounds but I can see a difference in my body. I have 8 more days to go! I hope this helps.
  • nicoleslife
    Options
    Day before I started the shred at 189lbs Dec 29th 2011
    http://tinypic.com/r/24blr1h/5

Today Feb 8th 2012 at 168lbs
    http://tinypic.com/r/351el9d/5

The longest you are going to do each move is for 1 minute. Focus on that minute, then the next, then the one after that and pretty soon you'll be done. It helps if you can get a group together of ppl doing it.
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    After my second baby and my horrific ONCE AGAIN gain of 70 pounds, exercising was the LAST thing I really wanted to do. I was over whelmed, under nourished and sleep deprived. SOOOO, I made a deal with myself- 7 minutes. I had to workout for seven minutes, if I started a workout and when i hit that seven minute time span I could quit OR I could finish it out. Sometimes I did stop, but 7 minutes IS better then nothing.

What I love about Jillian (I acutally don't find her annoying) is that her workouts are short and to the poing. So in thirty minutes you are DONE. Some are even 20 minutes. So, if you do the 7 minute thing, and you make it the 7 minute mark you're almost HALF way done on one of her 20 minute routines. So give it a try, worse case scenario you stop, but at least you tried :)
  • jaystarr1010
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time It
  • darla100
    darla100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have had the video for about a month..it is still in its package laying on my bedroom floor unopened..lol! I am scared also..I am 40, I go to the Y for Zumba but I love seeing the results of the shred...anyone want to start with me? Keep each other motivated? I need something/someone..I am feeling especially fat today! and want this feeling to go away..
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I just completed day 2 of Level 2. I can tell you it does get easier the longer you do each level. Don't try to complete all the moves if you feel like you can't. The key is to keep your heart rate up and to not quit until the workout is over. I felt like I was going to die for the first day of Level 1 (and 2) but each day makes it a lot easier. You just have to push through. You can do it. Just take it one day at a time. :) Just a little motivation for you, here are my stats so far:

Starting weight: 152
    End of Level 1: 148

Chest (around nipple): 36 in / 34.75 (-1.25)
    Natural waist: 31 in / 30.5 (-0.5)
    Gut (around belly button) and hips: 37 in / 36.75 :( (-0.25)
    Butt (around widest part of rear): 43 in / 40.75 (-2.25)
    Thighs: 24 in / 23.5 (-0.5)
    Arms: 11 in / 11

So a grand total of 5.25 inches and 4 pounds lost!
  • LaTee21
    LaTee21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of the 30 day shred and it is brutal but I keep in mind 2 things...1) the successes of my fellow MFP family and 2) that the blasted workout is only 20 mins. Unlike Zumba, I can't wait until it's over but it's worth it. Just keep telling yourself that.

I agree w/ members suggestions about modifications on certain moves. Personally. certain moves (jumping jacks) are getting better but others (jump roping) are still hard. I do it for a few seconds and them than I jog but each workout I challenge myself. I'm also in no hurry to move up a level. I'm doing level 1 w/ the modifications and I'm very sure I'll be doing level 1 w/ the modifications for the entire 30 days. I'll challenge myself because I think Jillian has a point about stress on the body, but I won't hurt myself or push myself to the brink. It will get better!!!
  • LaTee21
    LaTee21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed this. I want inches to come off so bad~
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    these are my results:
    30dayshred.png
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 of Level 2 and trust me it gets easier! Every level is hard when you start out, but as the days go by you get stronger and you will be able to do it! With Level 1 I felt like that fisrt circuit with the push ups was the hardest...the 2nd and 3rd circuit would go by faster! Right now with level 2, i kept thinking OMG Im gonna puke! and I had to take several rest periods, but now.......I CAN DO THE WHOLE THING. One day at a time girl! The first day you will feel it, but by day 5 you will be good to go! Add me if you would like some support.

Maybe I should mention that I had started 30DS twice before and as soon as I would get to level 2 I would quit because I felt it was too hard. This time around I pushed past that and here I am about to finish level 2!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!

What helps me (I'm on day 6) is knowing its only 20 minutes! At least its not one of those hour videos!!

Trust me it goes by quickly.

Also, just go as hard as you can... THe first few times, I can only do a few regular pushups, I did the rest on the knees.

THe cardio killed me at first, now I'm keeping up more.

And, if you want, don't go up to other levels until you're ready...

I was thinking of doing Level 1 for a month and then Level 2 for a month and Level 3 for a month.

I want to move to the next level after I can do all of what she is teaching in the first level the right way...

Great Idea!!
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    these are my results:
    30dayshred.png

Wow! You are my new inspiration for finishing the 30DS! Thanks for sharing your success photos! P.S. my baby is in the background of my before pictures too, lol!
  • ValMae
    ValMae Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It gets so much easier! I am not in shape at all but if you push yourself, you can do it. If you feel like you absolutely have to stop, then just jog in place until you can continue. I couldn't make it all the way through the first time, but made myself do it the second time (with a few jogging in place episodes). If you keep forcing yourself to do it, it will get easier and you will be able to do the whole thing without stopping! Very rewarding, AWESOME results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!