Plateau!

Options
hey guys

i've lost 9.5lbs since jan 2nd, but have now plateaued. i weight 9st 11lbs and i'm 5ft 4, i know thats not alot, but i'd like to lose another half a stone. any ideas how to kick start myself again?!

Replies

• sk1dz
    sk1dz Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • oceanchristy
    Options
    It sounds like you had a good thing going, losing 9.5 lbs in one month , thats almost 2 lbs a week... stick with it !
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Losing that much weight in a month is great.. not sure I'd really call it a plateau. Let your body catch up to that loss and you will keep losing. Just keep going! Congrats :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Open your diary?
  • samlou22
    Options
    rainbow - open my diary how?
    Also, surely as long as i stay within my calorie count ie 1200 a day, i should lose anyway?
  • samlou22
    Options
    julsofdenial & ocean christy - Thankyou :) no loss this week, but i know i've not been as commited, maybe felt a bit disheartened as i always seem to get to this sort of weight!!! BUT 5 days off now, gonna gym everyday and get back in the zone competely! well done to you too :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Change your privacy settings to share food diary. That way we can see exactly what you have been consuming. :)
  • rachelpries
    rachelpries Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If it's available in your area, try Bikram yoga. Go as often as you can...but after 30 days you will notice a huge difference in your body composition and loose those extra pounds as well. I push myself hard for the full 90 minutes and figure I burn about 700 calories per class. I have had significant changes to my body composition and lost about 7 lbs in 60 days without counting calories or dieting. A matter of fact I baked chocolate gluten/dairy free cupcakes a couple of days ago and have enjoyed one for the last 3 days.
  • rachelpries
    Options
    I just noticed your calorie recommendation of 1200. I am also 5'4" and my recommended calories is just over 1200; however, with my Bikram yoga it recommends just over 1900.
  • samlou22
    Options
    thankyou rachpries

I have been worrying that its not ok to eat things such as cupcakes....i like chocolate...but i have stayed within my calorie count!

I use to run, which changed my shape,but now have a poorly foot :( going to gym instead, but miss running, will try yoga!
  • samlou22
    Options
    Thats good! those extra 700 cals would be lovely :) are you from the UK?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    what works for me is eating alitte bit more for a couple days. Keeps the body guessing and for some reason seems to jump start it alittle. May or may not work for you.
  • rachelpries
    Options
    Don't restrict your diet sooo much that you do not feel okay eating a cupcake. Of course you don't want to make a habit of it, but your diet needs to be a lifestyle change if you want to keep the weight off. It's not realistic to think that you will never eat a cupcake again:)

Remember too, it is only recommended to lose 1 pound per week! Your doing great.
  • rachelpries
    Options
    US, Northern California
  • samlou22
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

Looking for bikram yoga in my area - not easy! have read up on it, sounds amazing!
  • Buzzerman
    Options
    trick your dody with a lot of calories for around a week. It works.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Losing that much weight in a month is great.. not sure I'd really call it a plateau. Let your body catch up to that loss and you will keep losing. Just keep going! Congrats :)

Agreeed! :) Good luck on your journey!
  • samlou22
    Options
    eKKK BUZZERMAN! if i gain i will CRY!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    3975e394-2725-42e0-9f32-c27bf42ea7dc.jpg
  • samlou22
    Options
    thank u christina0089 and you x