susieb getting discouraged

Options
I feel like I'm doing everything I need to be doing and I'm finding that I'm not dropping any weight like I think I'm suppose to. I know my age has a lot to do with it but there must be something I can do.

Replies

• hushmonkey1234
    Options
    Are you measuring your inches? I know that I seem to not be loosing weight but will be loosing inches. Dont give up! It will get better!:flowerforyou:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I would read about how to boost your metabolism because it does slow down as we age. I read that if you vary the intensity of your workout that it will help boost your metabolism. I walk at a brisk 3.5 on the treadmill and then for 2-3 minutes I will kick it up to a 4.0 and I will continue to do this. Frequent small meals throughout the day instead of 3 regular meals. Drinking water- I read in Readers Digest that people who are hydrated burn more calories than those dehydrated. Sorry that's all I can remember. Good luck.
  • sehhand
    sehhand Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I'm actually gaining even as I pay strict attention to calories, and excercise. So think on the bright side, you are getting healthier, you are aware of your weight, and admitting when you are discouraged. All this takes courage, and makes a better you. So enjoy what you can, go take a walk or watch your favorite show, what ever comforts you.

Tomorrow is a new day and if we keep the faith things are bound to be better.

Sue H in Boston
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing everything I need to be doing and I'm finding that I'm not dropping any weight like I think I'm suppose to. I know my age has a lot to do with it but there must be something I can do.

Try getting more involved using MFP. Find a group that you can post to every day. Read more about nutrition and exercise. Although counting calories is important, it is also important to pay attention to what foods you are eating and what nutrition you are getting. Do you log your food every day so you can see if you're getting enough protein and fiber? Are you connected to people who encourage your new healthy choices?

don't give up. Even if the progress is slow, it is worth it.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Are you drinking enough water?:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: