Options
    Nothing wrong with it! Especially on the weekends :]

I understand that! College kid, so after a couple of hard exams =

weneedmorebeer.gif

that was awesome.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I drink red wine on a regular basis, but make sure I'm working out enough to burn those extra calories. I try to not take them out of my base food target. If I haven't worked out that day, it is really hard for me to justify the wine. But if I do have a couple of glasses, I'll make it up the next day for sure.
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering this too as red wine has so many health benefits...thanks for the post and all the feed back
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on drinking wine: DO IT! I love wine. lol Sometimes I drink it during the week if hubby picks up a bottle, but over the last few months I *try* to limit it to the weekends. Because if I could afford it I would drink it every night, I just love the taste of it. But it hasn't hindered my weightloss at all. As long as your logging it, measureing the correct portion too. (It makes it easier to measure if you just drink the whole bottle) ;-p
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    ...I tend not to drink it with meals, because your body burns alcohol calories before any others, giving your food calories a greater chance of being stored as fat. Even if this is just a theory, it seems to be working for me...

Thank you for that! I count my wine in my daily energy intake, but I'm' going to change the timing of when I drink it. I'm too new at this to give any words of wisdom, I''m currently adjusting the way I look at food and drink, and about controlling both to achieve a healthy lifestyle. I'm thinking of both as borrowing energy, and exercise as paying back the loan. Flavor, a love of some foods, and social food-based get-togethers are what I'm purchasing with the loan, but I have to make myself understand that the loan still must be repaid in order to maintain a healthy accounting of myself.

Anyway, it's good to know how important the timing of our intake as well as what we eat or drink.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Join a group of people who incorporate wine into their fitness and weight loss plans.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/163-cheap-wine

We're cheap, but still classy :wink:
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Love it! but as most of my weight gain seems to be down to my love of wine.. and cheese.. they do go together so terribly well...:tongue:

I have had to cut back quite a bit... but still have a few glasses at the weekend :drinker:
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    My new year's resolution was not to drink until my birthday in Oct (please skip this bit if I have already bored you with it on another thread), because I was unable to lose weight whilst drinking. Mind you, this was less about the drink itself and more about my lack of self-restraint; I find it impossible to drink in moderation. Not only was it adding extra calories, but it would also lead me to make food choices I would not otherwise have made, and of course the next day I was too wrecked to exercise and craved more lardy junk food.

That said, even on the rare occasions when I had just one glass, I noticed a difference - slightly poorer sleep, older-looking skin the next morning. I'm not saying you should give up like me - if you are able to drink in moderation just count it in your daily allowance as you would count a food - but if you are an all-or-nothing person then maybe it would be worth cutting out completely until you reach your goal.

Good luck, whatever you do!

x
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I will refer you to an expert on this matter. Sorry, it's not Dr. Oz....

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a lush :/ But I just input it in with the rest of my foods so I don't go too far over on my calories :)
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on drinking wine: DO IT! I love wine. lol Sometimes I drink it during the week if hubby picks up a bottle, but over the last few months I *try* to limit it to the weekends. Because if I could afford it I would drink it every night, I just love the taste of it. But it hasn't hindered my weightloss at all. As long as your logging it, measureing the correct portion too. (It makes it easier to measure if you just drink the whole bottle) ;-p

I knew there was a reason we're friends. :) Well, more than one, but this is a good one!

I drink wine. I log it. Because I'm still losing, I try to limit my intake.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options

I knew there was a reason we're friends. :) Well, more than one, but this is a good one!

I drink wine. I log it. Because I'm still losing, I try to limit my intake.
    YES! This is a very good reason!! :-) I LOVE wine-O friends! Yeah!
  • BecksFit88
    Options
    As long as you log your calories, no problem! All good things in moderation.