Can't eat all my earned exercise calories

Options
I earned quite a bit of extra calories through exercise today but I'm full and can't eat all of them. Can I save them for another day like the Weight Watchers does or will they be wasted if I don't eat them?

Replies

• msturgill
    Options
    I don't actually know the answer to that lol, but when i was using this site religiously, i would only eat them the day i earned them, but then i would have a splurge meal and snack before the week was over!
  • johnaird123
    johnaird123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One day won't make much of a difference I wouldn't imagine. But if you find that this is a regular occurence then you should fit more cals in for your other meals. Eggs are good, as are nuts and seeds. Decent amount of protein and good fats - and calorie dense.

Protein shakes can also fill a hole if you struggle to get enough protein in your diet and a portion can add on about 100cals.

RE: Saving them up for the weekend or whatever, nobody really recommends it but I can't say it affected me all that much. I only work out mon-fri and relax a bit at the weekend so I have been known to eat 100-200 cals under my limit mon-fri (no more than this if I can help it), and this allows be some freedom at the weekend. I also weigh-in on Mondays and it hasn't affected me so far (nor did it cause an issue when i lost 3st a couple of years ago).

Good luck.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how some folks eat their extra 600 - 1000 calories in healthy food, but I guess I am thinking vegan. Some days I am too full, too and don't think it is wise to really stuff yourself unless you can eat bigger meals throughout the day and you know the workout is coming. It took me a long time to figure that one out. I think it is easier to eat bigger in the morning and afternoon than at night when I eat a larger meal anyway to begin with.
  • magram
    magram Posts: 12
    Options
    I never do. But that is the point if you are trying to loose weight. IMO. Be more toward the 1000 that the 1200 net calories.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I do not ever eat my exercise calories. They are just bonus to me.