Dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast with broccoli and mushrooms in a cream cheese/chicken broth sauce tossed with wholewheat pasta and a big salad with blue cheese and balsamic vinegar.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    what are those noodles, i had stir fry, no rice... some car would have been nice
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    it's hockey night in Melbourne so I'll be eating at a pub! better choose the grilled chicken & salad option :tongue:
  • Getting2KnowMe
    Getting2KnowMe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been checking out healthy recipes online... I found this one: http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/cooking-method/chicken-and-orzo-supper.aspx and was able to make a ton of it and decrease the calorie count by quite a bit. (Decrease the orzo, increase the veggies.) Overall the eat better america site had a lot of good ideas.

I also picked up a magazine: Eat Healthy, Weigh Less (I think that's it) when I was at the grocery store. I think there's a new recipe on every page and most are reinventing ways to do the tried and true, like lasagne, but healthier.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    tonight I'm making turkey/quonia stuffed bell peppers. Last night I made a chicken white bean spinach soup. Hope you find something that sounds yummy to you.
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    quesadillas :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Broiled chicken with Thai Chili sauce for the main, with red peppers, purple onion, snow peas along side... possibly quinoa with a dirzzle of garlic butter.
  • Smansfield1
    Smansfield1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Baked Chicken:
    take the chicken breast and season it with garlic,Johnnys season, lemon pepper and some paprika. put some Italian dressing over it and bake it for 30 mins covered at 350 and uncovered for about 10-15. rice on the side
  • cking99rn
    Options
    I made breaded (Peanuts and parm cheese) baked COD, sweet taters with cinnomin...tumeric/curried zucchini (Yummy) THen off to the roller rink...yipppeeee
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Leftover parsnip dumpling soup. I love it, but I've been eating it for four days straight and am getting sick of it. Wish I could give it to someone here!
  • bbrahma
    Options
    Maple chicken breast with butternut squash and cherry sauce (sauce was supposed to be cranberry, but didn't have fresh cranberries at the store...so got cherries. Still pretty good! Under 300 calories!
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    - 4oz of fresh tilapia baked in Maille Proveçale dijon.
    -10 white pacific shrimp sautéed with garlic, lemon & a cap full of Riesling.
    -Broccoli, red onion, zucchini, fresh rosemary & cauliflower roasted with a tsp of evoo & a tsp of balsamic.
    -And a baby spinach, radish, tomato, red pepper, toasted pine nuts & pomegranate seed salad to munch on while I'm cooking.

A massive & delicious dinner, and only approximately 407 calories.

...Which TOTALLY means that I can have a mix of cottage cheese, pumpkin, Splenda & spices for dessert. :D

fyeah.jpg
  • Maple chicken breast with butternut squash and cherry sauce (sauce was supposed to be cranberry, but didn't have fresh cranberries at the store...so got cherries. Still pretty good! Under 300 calories!

How do you make this? It sounds really yummy! :)
  • LaurieAthGa
    Options
    Salmon Burgers (from Trader Joes, only 100 calorie/burger, and they are simple to cook) on whole wheat buns and a side salad w/ cheese, mushrooms, carrots and balsamic vinegar.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I cooked some refried beans, added cheese and reduced fat sour cream...then put it on small corn tortillas topped with a little more cheese. It was yummy I could've ate more easily!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    what are those noodles, i had stir fry, no rice... some car would have been nice

Shiratake noodles are made from tofu, only 40 calories for a huge 8oz serving. If you do a search of the forums, there are several threads about them with good information.
  • melissawidmer
    melissawidmer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How do you make that? Recipe?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I had:

Arnold's 8-grain pocket thin (100 cal)
    Butterball Turkey bacon 4 slices (60 cal)
    2 scrambled eggs (accidentally dropped in the second yolk and then broke it trying to fish it out)
    stop & shop 6 cheese italian blend 0.5oz (45 cal)
    8oz glass of Trop50 (50 cal)

Breakfast for dinner (enough though my breakfast is normally yogurt & granola)
  • stennieh
    stennieh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tuscan chicken, roasted asparagus, and roasted purple potatoes!
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    I made a sirloin salad. With sunflower seeds and strawberries.