How on earth am I supposed to eat that much??

Options
I am a vegetarian, I eat what I thought was a *ton* but apparently I am falling 200 calories short a day!! Given I have been sick this week but by golly I can't imagine getting to 1600 calories a day!!!

Replies

• tophat1
    Options
    Nuts. 1/4 cup is usually around 150
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Nuts, Bread, Ramen noodles. Eat a couple veggie burgers. Cook with olive oil. Eat a box of mac and cheese! Seriously!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Protein shake
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    full fat dairy, avocado, large omelettes with loads of good stuff, peanut butter....
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter, granola, I like veggie potstickers boiled that will help a lot...
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! >=(
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Yup nuts will do it, protein shakes, full calorie dressings on salad, its easy to up cal without adding a lot of food.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,010 Member
    Options
    Can I eat your leftover calories? :laugh:
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My hubby's a vegan here are some reciepe's that work for us

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kym1610/view/my-tried-and-true-reciepes-119373

Some are healthy and high in Cal's some are a little lower.

You could certainly add nuts, chickpea's, any kind of beans, breads and rice
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and I have no trouble eating to 1600. Eat good fats - nuts, seeds, avocados. Eat whole grains.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Can I eat your leftover calories? :laugh:

This!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm a veggie too, I find that it's the small things like milk in tea or sugar that build up but I know what you mean, I'm eating plenty on only 1200 calories, more than I used to.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian as well and I had the same problem when I started...now it's getting much better. Eat higher cal foods like nuts and avocados, even throw some cheese into meals and eating a lot of smaller meals helps too. My normal "dinner" is only around 300 cals, Feel free to look at my diary and/or add me.
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nuts off all sorts are great. One of my favorite snacks are unsalted dry roasted peanuts.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    I went raw vegan for 3 months and was able to hit 1700-1800 per day. I ate alot of fruit then. Apples, melons and such.
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Nuts, PB by the spoonful, Avocado, roasted peanuts, celery with cream cheese, whole wheat toast with butter, poached egg..
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Dipping raw veggies in ranch or blue cheese dip works well too. Or hummus.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Preaching with the choir here... I ALWAYS eat nuts if I have trouble making my calories for the day! Really good for you, and pack a huge calorie load to get you closer to that "golden number"
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Add some healthy fats to your diet and you'll reach it.