46 yr old Newbie from Louisiana

Options
Hey y'all...

Just started about a week ago. I'm doing 1200 cal/day and exercising at least 3x per week (walking on my treadmill for an hour each time). I just bought some Yoga DVDs and hope that proves fun and beneficial to me. :) As I said in the title, I'm 46 and over the past few years I've had some health issues that landed me in severe sedentary mode and on top of that... I was on high doses of Prednisone for over a year. Tahnks to that lovely (ugh) steriod, I gained about 30 lbs on top already being overweight. So now I need to lose at LEAST 50-60 lbs. Shedding the Prednisone weight has had to be the HARDEST I've ever tried to lose. It's finally coming off so that is why I joined MFP and hope the numbers keep going down. Would love some friends who share similar backgrounds so we can encourage one another... Thanks for listening!

Leslie :blushing:

Replies

• klhinrichsen
    klhinrichsen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't have similar background but I do wish you the best on your journey. My suggestion is sign up to do a race. There are plenty of 5k that you can walk and support - all for a good cause. Get some friends to sign up too so it is a goal for you to achieve. Sometimes we forget how fortunate we are until we realized that for some, the chance to walk would be a miracle.
    Miles of smiles to ya !! :0)
  • Leslie715
    Leslie715 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi klhinrichsen:

Thanks so much for the reply. I didn't mean to exclude anyone from being my friend on here... the more the merrier. I just thought similar backgrounds would be easier for me because of what I've been thru and what I'm capable of, etc. I'm afraid I'll never be a runner or a fast walker... the Prednisone was for a lung problem that I was recently diagnosed with. I am just now getting to the point where I can walk, so I totally understand what you mean by taking it for granted! I'm so thrilled I can again!
    Anyone... if you're encouraging, I'd be happy to be your friend on here! :drinker: