Reality check

Options
2»

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

thanks for the words all. And just so you all know, I practice what I preach. I did the indoor crazy army workout today. I'm beat. But the best kind of beat.

:drinker:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I pushed myself during my workout today. I'll admit it, i'm not a good jogger. I can't jog worth crap. I started by doing 3 minute intervals and rest for 2 minutes for 45 minutes. But today, I did 6 minute intervals for 45 minutes. I was sweating like a (insert example here) and I felt like I really pushed myself. Monday, I will push myself even more!

Thanks Banks!
  • banks1850
    Options
    Excellent. I LOVE it. It doesn't matter how good you are, it matters how hard you work!

One thing I will say though, jogging can be rough on your joints if you don't do it well, be aware of that.
    here is a quick primer for jogging. Don't worry, it's easy to jog right, It's just a couple of things to keep in mind.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267-268-8210-0,00.html
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I listen to hard angry rock when I work out. It makes me run faster and push much harder.

I suppose it is just the kind of person you are that determines what motivates you to push yourself! All I know is I hate the r&b crap they always have playing in there. It sucks. :noway:
  • kimdommerc
    Options
    Well said Banks. Thanks I can always use a reality check now and again and at least the one I got from you makes sense.(not always so from some others that are in my life):smile:
  • banks1850
    Options
    glad I could help. :happy:

And cobra, yeah, I listen to Godsmack, Disturbed, Limp Bizkut, Rage, and Korn when I run. It really does make for a better, if angrier, workout. Course, skip Voodoo in your playlist, that will slow you right down. LOL!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I'm starting a Cardio Cabaret, the CORE, and pilates at my university gym.
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    glad I could help. :happy:

And cobra, yeah, I listen to Godsmack, Disturbed, Limp Bizkut, Rage, and Korn when I run. It really does make for a better, if angrier, workout. Course, skip Voodoo in your playlist, that will slow you right down. LOL!

Haha! We should exchange playlists sometime! I listen to all the same stuff! As well as some NIN. Trent has a good beat to most of his songs.

Also some of Audioslave's stuff is good. Metallica is another one, and a couple of Pantera songs.
  • banks1850
    Options
    I didn't even think to put Metalica on there. Why? Why did I skip them?
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I read this post after I did a short run after class and before Opera rehearsal. I had planned to only run 2 miles and call it quits since its friday and I had rehearsal until 7:30 and parties to attend tonight.
    BUT I came home and read this...

I ended up going to the gym and running 5 miles on the treadmill. Usually I'll do 3.5. By "run" I do mean jog with a few minutes of walking every now and then. But really, That puts me up to 7 for today...double my usual. AND I'm still going out (late though).

I feel really good about it...can't wait till tomorrow after rehearsal all day I'm going to need a BIG stress relieving workout.

ps- GREAT MUSIC. NIN keeps me moving.