What's your favorite way to cook chicken?

Options
I have four chicken breasts I thawed out and have to cook tonight. I'd like to do something different with each one so I'm not eating the same thing every day. So what do you guys like best on your chicken?

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Butterfly it. Pound it, Insert filling (Cheese/Bacon?) Roll, Tie or pin, bake.
  • anabell31
    Options
    Mmm, sounds yummy ^^. Any other fillings you can suggest?
  • HBinOC
    HBinOC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce - Love it ... I just pour a little over it and let it soak in and eat.
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you are a fan of curry, there are bottled curry simmer sauces in the grocery that are easy and delicious. They range from mild to medium to hot. You would probalby only use a quarter of the jar for one chicken breast but it keeps in the fridge for quite a while and is also good on pork or shrimp.
  • courtney131
    Options
    I've filled chicken with Gorgonzola cheese, red peppers, and asparagus before and it's amazing. Spinach and mozzarella is very good as well.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Grill it baby!! Any kind of seasoning.

Salt, pepper, garlic power, onion powder.

Tony's

Marinade in italian dressing and dijion mustard.

Teriyaki

BBQ

Lemon pepper

Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and make a healthy chicken parm. Top with some spaghetti sauce and mozz cheese.

French's yellow mustard, ranch dressing and some brown sugar (have not tried yet but will soon)
  • anabell31
    Options
    lol, it's gonna be hard to decide which one to eat tonight!

ssp1977, I'm not a huge fan of curry but I love when my roommate cooks whatever chicken thing she does with it.

Thank you guys!!! I'm gonna have to get more chicken just so I can try all of these. Never have to eat the same thing twice :)
  • Runthismom
    Options
    #1- Steam it: Ziplock makes steamer bags for the Microwave- add a tbs or two of water and spices...super moist!!
    #2- Italian chicken packets: 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (highly reccomend the Hunt's garlic & onion), and one cup broccoil (raw). Put chicken, broccoli and tomatoes on tinfoil, double fold the 4 ends, bake at 450 for 25 minutes
    #3- Grilled, dice it up for a warp or salad topper
    #4- Steam- again...and dice up and add to a Black Bean Quinoa Salad: 1/2 diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 broccoli, 1 cup cooked quinoa, fresh chopped parsley. You can eat this hot OR cold...love it cold.

If you are going to stuff it with cheese...try the laughing cow spreadable wedges...Garlic & Herb. Holy crap...so good! I'd skip the bacon, unless it's turkey bacon- one or two pieces can add a lot of calories.
  • msjack32
    msjack32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love marinating ck breasts in italian dressing and then baking, delicious! I also love baking them topped with marinara sauce and a little mozzarella, a healthy ck parm :)
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I made these for the Superbowl, and I think it's my new favorite "fun food"! I used a little Frank's Red Hot on mine, bf went with BBQ, and they were delicious!
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Baking is the way to go! You can put some marinade on there.......or some bbq sauce........or some garlic, onions and Worcestershire Sauce.....or when all else fails....SHAKE & BAKE! yaa that just happened!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My husband made some marinade with lime juice, cilantro and white wine vinegar. Not sure how much of each (he probably didn't measure, either lol) We did salmon with it and ooohh it was so tasty I wanted to like the plate.
    I am going to have him whip up another batch and try it with chicken breast.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Chase it around the backyard ! I know .. odd sense of humor.

If calories didn't count ... Stuffed with cheese, spinach and mushrooms ... with a balsamic glaze drizzled over the top. Or ..... Baked with brown sugar and crumbled pecans ... with a drizzle of Honey !

Back to reality ... I usually eat Grilled Chicken in my salad or with some yummy veggies.

But ... On my splurge night ... Crusted Chicken Romano @ The Cheesecake Factory ! Double Yummy ! :):tongue:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Chicken thigh is better for curry, I don't like using the breast meat for that.

For a chicken breast I'd:

Stuff it or roll it: A cheese with a bit of a bite to it works well (so you dont have to use too much) with your favourite herbs and or meat (ham/bacon/proccuito)

or poundit, crumbit and fry it. Schzitzel is great (though not a super great option if you cant spare the carbs & fat).

or Just fry it with little or no oil. Slice the breast in half so the cooking time is reduced (less chance of over cooking and making the meat tough and dry).

One more: Cut the breasts in half as above, fry off and remove from pan. Add a small amount of garlic to the pan and fry off lightly, add about a tablespoon of wholegrain mustard, and 1/2 cup each of white wine and extra light cream (or suitable substitute). simmer gently for a 1-2 minutes then add the chicken back in along with a few sprogs of thyme. Simmer lightly for another few minutes til the sauce thickens and serve. :love:
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    I usually cook my chicken in bulk so I poach them for bento boxes (with reduced sodium broth and spices) or I marinate them in dressing (low sodium vinaigrette like renees dressing) then toss them on the George foreman. I may stuff them on occasion with laughing cow cheese and spinach. Mmmm.

Chicken! <3
  • grgranum
    Options
    Cut chicken breast into 1x1/2 sized chunks and soak in a hot sauce. Season panko bread crumbs and toss chicken to bread. Bake at 400 for 20 min flipping half way through. Tastes like hot wings but allot better for you.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    bump
  • GiiaSoCrazii
    GiiaSoCrazii Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I bake mine...i just add seasonings i enjoy, garlic, onion powder, lawrys etc and i make sure it is covered for the most part and it tastes yummy..grilling also is wonderful...!!! Definatly going to try some of the ways in this post
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i like to bake mine. i have a recipe that i posted on here for stuffed baked chicken with potatoes thats less than 500 calories. :3
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    on my mini George foreman :)