970 calories over! Bad day! Anyone else have one?

Options
I find success with myfitnesspal when I stick to the calorie limit... and stay with it, but man did I mess up today! 970 calories over my limit! I knew I was going to be over... but I don't think I knew I was close to 1,000 over today! This happens if I ever have any fast food at all! No fast food ever..... okay..... I have to be really really careful about it! That was dumb. Anyone else have a bad day? I'm just starting up again, just trying to lose 8 lbs and my second day..... was a terrible day already! Bad day anyone?

Replies

• Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes, Supperbowl sunday. Wow mine was bad after working out I still had an extra 350 cal that I over ate. You will be okay just watch closer :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Its called a cheat day!
    Worst that could happen is a boost in metabolic rate of 3-10%!

Congratz!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Of course. Just about everyone is going to have bad day sometimes.
    I think the most important thing is not what happened yesterday, but how you respond to it and what you do tomorrow.
    Don't waste time agonising over what happened, put that energy into planning a healthier day tomorrow. As long as you have more healthy days that unhealthy days you'll do OK. Persistance is the key here.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I did that last week. 800 and some thing over. Forgave myself and was back on track. I do terrible when I go to restaurants!:smile:
  • Bloowhale
    Options
    I'm 541 calories over today, and I didn't do any kind of exercise. I feel so lazy!
  • cjones0992
    cjones0992 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Cheat days are good for you! Resets your metabolism.....increases your leptin (i think thats what they're called) hormones. Your metabolism will start working harder now so don't worry! I've read that 1 day per week should be a cheat day, but I haven't practiced that myself, just occasional beer and pizza days.
  • justkate2
    justkate2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ive had a bad week! 3lbs gained. Need to regroup and start again.
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    eating out is the hardest part of trying to stay within your calorie limit. almost no matter what you order somewere there is alot of calories. I now limited what I can go out and eat to 1 day per week.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you set your goals for a 1000 calorie deficit then you actually are still under the calories to maintain your current weight. Of course you won't lose eating like that everyday, but every once in awhile wouldn't be too bad :)
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    450 over today. I'm actually taking a break right now from jumping rope to try to lower it!
  • jstcyn
    Options
    I did bad over the weekend! Ugh like gained two pounds! Crazy and burn for me but i am up and trying again!
  • jstcyn
    Options
    I did bad over the weekend! Ugh like gained two pounds! Crash and burn for me but i am up and trying again!
  • honolulumary
    honolulumary Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bad day for me too...But tomorrow is a new day so don't look at the past and go forward!!!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Bad day for me too...But tomorrow is a new day so don't look at the past and go forward!!!
    Right on! :drinker:
  • klhinrichsen
    klhinrichsen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I remember Oprah saying one time "if you know better, do better".
    I went to Golden Corral the other day with my daughter and I tell you it was very very hard to eat good there but I did. Loaded my plate with lots of salad stuff, skip the salad dressing and put on a little bit of chili instead. End the meal with watermelon for dessert. Definitely dug deep for strength but my goal is to get to my goal than I can enjoy having more calories to eat becuase I will be maintaining not losing. This was my success stories. I have had times in which I did go over so to squash some of the guilt, I exercise that day/night to burn some of it off.
    I learn to love subways and starbuck oatmeal on the go. Any other places, I don't stop at all cause it is hard to say no. Keep a meal bar or fruit/banana to eat so when you are hungry, you have something to tie you over until you can get to a healthy place to eat or have time to go home and fix yourself something.
    We all had bad days. The ones who succeed are the ones who gets back on the track and keep on moving forward.
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A few saturdays ago I consumed all my MFP calories in beer, so every bit of food (pizza/wings/etc) was "over".

It happens, just don't make a habit of it and everything will be fine.
  • MrCaleb
    Options
    I've only been at this for about 2 weeks now and I had a bad day saturday. I work at a youth correctional facility and eat lunch there, and sometime breakfast too. On Saturday we had biscuts and gravy (which I love) for breakfast, finger steaks, fries, and Jello for lunch and then my mother in law mad ribs for dinner. Needless to say I was way over on my calories for that day. My wife was a help in saying that 1 bad day isn't a big deal, as long as it isnt all the time.
  • tstawicki
    tstawicki Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Many times this happens when you are on a weight loss program. We get unexpected surprises for not planning for the food choices. That's what teaches us to not make these poor decisions over time. We learn every day and every time we start to pay attention to our eating. Don't beat yourself up, it's just one day hopefully in a week. Many times people throw in the towel after that. You have to hang in there!
    I have learned in the past that one day of bad eating doesn't hurt your weight loss. It's more important to keep on it as much as you can the other days.
    What ever you do, be sure to write it down and be accountable. When you look at your progress reports later on, (which is really nice to monitor with charts) you can see how when you over ate your calories and when and what weight loss did occur even after that bad day of eating too much.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was 1200 under......i know that can't be good....:ohwell:
  • HealthyKat24
    HealthyKat24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! I will do better tomorrow!!!! It will be a better day!!! All I can do is get back on track!