FitBit Sync

Options
Does anyone use the fitbit? How are your results within MFP? Today is the first day with mine and was totally amazed with my results today. I do walk a lot throughout the day, but didn't realize how much. I walked over 6 miles just doing my normal routine. W

Replies

• Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a fitbit today! Cant wait to start using it, seems like every one likes them, be interested to see how many calories I actually burn, plus like to see how much real sleep I get.
  • carriecarlstrom
    Options
    I used mine for the first time today... not sure what to think and am kinda confused. Burned lots more calories than i would've assumed but then aren't you then supposed to eat back calories that burned? That would have me almost doubling my calorie intake compared to what my daily calorie goal has been... That doesn't seem like it could be right... So when got home from work (office assistant - i thought was pretty sedentary but actually light to moderate activity- Whoodathunkit?) I logged the activity amount that fitbit recorded and it seems like thats all that showed up on fitbit... the steps taken weren't there, the sleep monitoring i did last night wasn't there... very confused... i had it charged and recording last night but didn't download software until tonight... but I thought it was still collecting information but just wouldn't sync until i got the software running... seemed like it was going to be very cool and user friendly but now I'm not so sure... hoping a light will go off it will all click or a fitbit guru will know what I'm trying to describe and it explain it to me... fingers crossed...
  • johnnythrash
    johnnythrash Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I got one last week and have been using it nonstop since I got it. I love trying to take more steps than I have the previous days which leads to me taking incredibly long walks (too out of shape to jog them the whole way yet, but I'm working on it!). Sometimes I do feel like when I get a "fitbit calorie adjustment" beamed over to MFP that it seems a little high, but I could just be underestimating myself.

Carrie-You do have to have the software installed on your computer before it will sync anything, but sometimes it take a while before it even goes though (I've once had up to 2-3 hours before it registered). Also, if you're linking from MFP to fitbit just log in MFP and dont worry about fitbit..it seems to cross over from MFP to fitbit more easily than fitbit to MFP. I actually don't log anything on fitbit at all.

Some things I've noticed---if I'm bouncing my leg up and down (something I often do without noticing) it sometimes will register those as steps. If I'm driving on bumpy-ish roads it will register those, and if I have an elevation change (i.e. driving up a bumpy hill) it will think I climbed stairs.

It's also important to log that start time of your exercises accurately in MFP so the fitbit doesn't double calorie adjust!

Next up for me is a HRM I think, but that's a whole different beast lol.
  • SandyQ229
    SandyQ229 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING getting one of these. just wasn't sure about it. thanks for the advice!!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for two days. I love it and its syncing great. I only log my food and exercise on mfp and it goes right over tomy fitbit site.
  • shaparra
    shaparra Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I bought mine 3 wks ago and I love it. I put it on my bra and forget about it till I go to bed ( lol yeah rite when I get a chance I'm checking it the fitbit dashboard :wink: ) its great because it actually breaks down how active you are throughout the day. It has motivated me to walk more and get over the 10k steps a day. sometimes it will be 11pm and i'll be walking my drive way so that I can get over the 10k mark. I also recommend that you try out the free trial of the premium. it was a great tool for me and I paid it for the year. Between that, this website, watching what I eat and being more active I've lost 9 lbs.
  • ckuri69
    Options
    Got mine about 9 days ago and love this thing. Used bodybug before but this thing just works so much better sinking with my fitpal and my smart phone lets me track my day with up to date info from it
  • ionamorgana
    ionamorgana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    my friend has one of these. Word of caution. It WILL record steps while you are driving because it is being moved around. Just keep that in mind.