Any suppliments that I can take for energy/metabolism boost?

Options

Replies

• future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I take thermofit-

here's the description

Fire up your metabolism with this naturally based, thermogenic weight loss formula! Powered by the antioxidant superfood acai berry and the metabolism-boosting properties of Capsimax® (red hot pepper blend), Ultimate ThermoFit helps to:

Thermogenic weight loss formula
    Antioxidant benefits of acai berry
    Promotes increased calorie burning
    Helps boost metabolic rate
    Reduces appetite
    Provides energy
  • Tina22379
    Options
    I use the advocare products. The 24 day challenge is amazing. I lost 14lbs and 9 inches in 24 days. I have more energy than when I was in high school and in one year have lost 50lbs and went from a size 18 to a 10. You can visit my website at www.teamrhinos.org or give me a call at (407)300-0537. Hope this helps.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    For me - the best thing ever is exercise. If I get out and run (or walk or do any exercise) in the morning, I find I have much more energy to get me though the day.
    Having enough sleep is important too, and eating enough calories (I haven't looked at your diary, but remember that you don't have to go under the cals that MFP recommends).
    I'd make sure you have these things covered first and if you are still really low on energy, get to your doc to see if there is any medical issue going on - vit b12 deficiency for example. There's really no point in taking a supplement if you aren't deficient, you will just be putting money down the toilet - literally!
  • MsDvine
    MsDvine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz recommends Raspberry ketones I have not tried it yet but am getting some to try. you can go to Dr. Oz website to check it out for yourself. Good Luck !!!

I agree with this one. I watched this on Dr. Oz as well and I am going to try this too. Besides that I do B complex, B 12, and Vitamin D. Don't know if it boost my metabolism but it sure works for the energy.
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Green Tea is great There is also a product called matcha green tea powder that you can get from any health food store.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matcha
  • klhinrichsen
    klhinrichsen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    People sometimes avoid Carb to lose weight but it is needed for energy. The day before my hard/long workout, i eat a little bit more carbs then protein so when the next day workout comes, my body can use it for energy. After workout, I eat a little bit more protein than carb for recovery. Check your iron. If your iron is low, your energy will also be low. For me, I take iron supplements and it works. Just make sure you are not taking too much which can harm you too.
  • Tina22379
    Options
    we also eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day (good snacks like almonds and natural peanut butter) and exersice daily. We do not eat fried foods and eat whole grains. It is a mindset. Find a vehicle that works for you. For me that vehicle is Advocare. Take a look at the website, there are videos on there. I am here to help if anyone wants it. I dont know alot about other products but what I do know is that I got results. Hope this helps :)
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    For myself, I take flax seed oil--has tons of benefits. But, the best thing is to eat as clean as possible, get plenty of sleep, water water water, cardio and definitely strength training <--- ultimate metabolism booster!!

Very good friends of mine own a health food store, and have told me that so many of the thermogenic metabolism "boosters' are just a form of caffeine in a fancy capsule. Go to Starbucks and get an espresso...same thing & cheaper IMO!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know there are no magic pills to make you lose weight. I know it's all about discipline. I have been doing this for 10 days now, and have only lost 1lb. I do zumba at least 3 times a week, and for the most part have been staying in my calorie range. I know hard work will eventually pay off. I was just wondering, is there any suppliments to boost my energy or metabolism, or both??? I think if I had more energy I could work out more/longer. And, anything to help my metabolism speed up would be helpful. I see all of these diet pill adds that are supposed to do wonders, I was just wondering if any of you have tried them? What works??? Thanks!

I take a supplement called White Flood that I buy at BodyBuilding.Com. It provides good calorie-free energy as well as various nutrients. But don't look to it, or any supplement for that matter, for weight-loss.
    White Flood?
    Now, this sounds promising....
    NOT!
    Just another caffeine pill....

Seriously? We get it. Yes supplements contain caffeine, how terrible.
  • mrscdgogan
    Options
    I know there are no magic pills to make you lose weight. I know it's all about discipline. I have been doing this for 10 days now, and have only lost 1lb. I do zumba at least 3 times a week, and for the most part have been staying in my calorie range. I know hard work will eventually pay off. I was just wondering, is there any suppliments to boost my energy or metabolism, or both??? I think if I had more energy I could work out more/longer. And, anything to help my metabolism speed up would be helpful. I see all of these diet pill adds that are supposed to do wonders, I was just wondering if any of you have tried them? What works??? Thanks!

I take a supplement called White Flood that I buy at BodyBuilding.Com. It provides good calorie-free energy as well as various nutrients. But don't look to it, or any supplement for that matter, for weight-loss.
    White Flood?
    Now, this sounds promising....
    NOT!
    Just another caffeine pill....

Seriously? We get it. Yes supplements contain caffeine, how terrible.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    i take B complex vitamins and biotin (another type of b vitamin), vitamin D3 and C to help with adrenals and fatigue. The B complex work great to help with fatigue and exhaustion I noticed a big difference when I started taking them.
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Dr Oz recommends Raspberry ketones I have not tried it yet but am getting some to try. you can go to Dr. Oz website to check it out for yourself. Good Luck !!!

From personal experience, Rasberry Ketones may decrease appetite, but that's about it.

That works for me!!! Gonna get some!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I take L-Carnitine and Co-enzme Q10 which were recommended to me. Q10 from Tesco or Saisburys are cheaper, alternatively you can get both from a health store.

Good luck with the weight loss!!

How does Q10 help with weight loss? .. its just I've also seen this one mentioned on an ataxia (a progressive condition that causes loss of voluntary motor control) forum - I have ataxia .. I'll be asking there too exactly how it helps ataxia.. so would be also interested to know how it helps with losing weight before I considered taking it.

Benefits of CoQ10

Helps ignite the creation of energy at the cellular level.

Although found naturally in our bodies, Coenzyme Q10 diminishes as we age. Supplementing the body with additional CoQ10 can help strengthen the cells and help offset degeneration.

Increased energy production -- Some feel immediate benefits; others notice results after six to eight weeks.

Improved gums -- Deficiencies of coenzyme Q10 have been linked to periodontal disease.

Antioxidant abilities -- Coenzyme Q10 is a vitamin like substance whose actions in the body resemble those of vitamin E. It may be an even more powerful antioxidant.

Strengthened cardiovascular system and heart -- A six year study conducted by scientists at the University of Texas found that people being treated for congestive heart failure who took coenzyme Q10 in addition to conventional therapy had a 75-percent chance of survival after three years, compared with a 25-percent survival rate for those using conventional therapy alone. It strengthens the heart muscle.

High blood pressure -- Another study by the University of Texas and the Center for Adult Disease in Japan, showed that coenzyme Q10 has the ability to lower high blood pressure without medication or dietary changes.

Research has revealed that supplemental coenzyme Q10 has the ability to counter histamine, and therefore is beneficial for people with allergies, asthma, or respiratory disease.

Mental disorders -- Coenzyme Q10 is used by many health care professionals to treat anomalies of mental function such as those associated with schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease.

Other diseases -- It has also been found beneficial in fighting obesity, candidiasis, multiple sclerosis and diabetes.

Enhances the immune system

Sounds good. I found after talking to people on Ataxia forum that it helps their energy levels which is a big problem for people with ataxia (as the body requires more energy to do everything when you have ataxia, as often involves involuntary or jerky movemnets or a constant parkinson-type tremor) but doesn't actually reduce ataxic symptoms, (such as reducing tremor, helping with balance issues) some take it to prevent depression and say it helps them cope as they have more energy to get through the day so don't feel constantly exhausted and depressed.. so eliminating the need to go on antidepressants too... one person claimed they were able to come off Baclofen for stiffness (muscle spasticity) as they were better able to exercise with higher energy levels and the exercise helped to reduce the stiffness, so they no longer needed to take Baclofen.

I will be buying some Q10 next week it sounds better than Capsiplex! (and I got some B vitamins too)
  • smgmtx
    smgmtx Posts: 12
    Options
    Aside from building muscle, take a B vitamin complex. Also, caffeine pills provide similar effects as weight loss pills without the high price tag.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've been trying pills with caffeine for a short while just for the energy burst and it worked well at first, but my body got used to it. I talked to my pharmacist and he suggested a vitamin. I think it may be key since I am a very picky eater so I'm sure I don't get most of the nutrients I need, on top of having IBS. He suggested a prenatal vitamin over anything else so I think I'm going to try those out as soon as payday gets here :laugh: I sure hope it works. I'm able to get through my workouts better than when I first began but after I workout I am exhausted the rest of the day, even with lots of sleep at night.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Ever tried Beachbody products? Shakeology is suppose to be the best!!!! I'm not a coach, but I can refer you to one.

Joyce

Super overpriced. You can put together your own shake for at least $3 less per serving.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Exercise! It's free and it works.
    One of the great things I've learnt is that more exercise I do, the more I have energy to exercise (and to get through my day feeling great). Win/win!
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    CAFFEINE PILLS.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bee pollen,,, guarana, ginseng. caffeine, anything with those ingredietns. Also, i don't know if it's in my mind, but when I take my multivitamin, B12 and fish oil supplements I feel an immediate surge of energy.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    A b vitamin complex pill is good to try. I have to go back to purchasing those.