What is the meaning of your real name?

Options

Replies

• reneealyse
    Options
    My name's Renee and it means Reborn/Born Again =)

Same!! I have a tattoo the Japanese symbol for reborn on my shoulder blade (it symbolises a butterfly coming out of a crysalis so I got it when I made a massive change in my life - like a new start).
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Andrea - Manly and strong lol! (In Greek - in Latin it means womanly, but since I'm Greek I think the first one applies)
  • HelloRevvie
    Options
    My name is Kathy (Derived from the irish name Katherine) meaning purity :)
  • Chinita00
    Options
    Like the Lord of Gift from God ;-)
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Jennifer: It means my parents were too lazy in the 80's to come up with something more original.

LOL! I'm Stephanie and my parent were the same way. My name means crowned.....see I really am a princess. Also I have a sister named Jennifer :)
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My first name means "to bind" or "to tie," and is derived from a word that means noose! Yikes!

My middle name means "grace/favor/full of grace."

My last name means "valley of the cranes."

Figure that out... Binding grace in the valley of the cranes? lol
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    Danielle means "God is my judge"
    Thank goodness my mom didnt name me Montana Nova like she wanted too I would have been "Mountain star explosion"
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Megan is derived from Margaret, which means "pearl". It's Welsh.

Now how to pronounce it is always a battle. I prefer MEH-gan (two short e sounds), but don't correct people when they say MAY-gan. I hate MEE-gan and any endings that sound like "gun". :)
  • fguillory
    Options
    Felicia means happiness
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Erin - Ireland
    Rosemary- bitter rose
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Levon means Lion. It is also a song written by Elton John which was inspired by the singer Levon Helm from The Band.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    Hmm.. Looked mine up and I didn't find it any where! lol. This is what one website said..

"Out of 5,272,694 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration data, the name “Mariany” was not present. You might want to use a short version of your first name or perhaps your nickname.

On the other hand, you simply have a name that no one else in America is using. For 101 years only your parents have thought of using your name. Hoorah! You are a unique individual."

I've seen my name before but spelled with an "i" at the end. My dad said he named me Mariany because of my grandmas. His moms name was Maria and my moms moms name was Annie. So he put it together and got Mariany!
  • tanmustlose
    Options
    my name is a derivation but the original name means "judged by God or God is my judge"
  • eksims1
    eksims1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine means industrious.
    Lol lets see if I can be super "industrious" with the rest of my weight loss!!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Jaclyn is a variant of Jacqueline (a feminine form of the name Jacques, a French variant of Jacob) meaning supplanter or replacer. My other name Miguela a feminine form of Miguel (a Spanish name for Michael) means God like
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Meaning & History-
    Originally a medieval short form of Germanic names containing the element linde meaning "soft, tender". It also coincides with the Spanish word linda meaning "beautiful".

French name
    In French, the name means- Variant of Catherine: Pure, clear. Form of the Latin Katharina, from the Greek Aikaterina.. Other origins for the name include - French, Irish, Irish, English.The name is most often used as a girl name or female name.

English name
    In English, the name means- Anglicized phonetic form of the French given name Thierry from an older Germanic name meaning powerful; ruler of the people... Other origins for the name include - English, Greek, German.The name is a unisex name and can be used for a boy or girl name (male or female).

So my name is: "Soft Tender Beautiful, Pure clear, Powerful ruler of the people" <---- Say THAT 10x's fast!:laugh:
  • chefanie85
    Options
    Stephanie - Crown; Crowned in Victory

Nicole - Victory of the People

:happy: I've always loved my name!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Betty means God is my vow. :happy:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options