Healthy Burgers ?

Options
2»

Replies

• kp3874
    Options
    Ditch the bun and wrap it in a lettuce leaf, or a nori sheet (usually used for sushi) with some grated veggies.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    or eat your regular hamburger, just less of it, log it, stay within calories, should be fine.

I like veggie burgers though, and morning star is a good brand (spicy black bean)=awesome
  • MIKE1SS
    Options
    it wasnt heathy burger damn
    its driving me nuts
  • jnbud2002
    Options
    YUM YUM AND YUM!

With the added oatmeal... do you just add it like bread crumbs? And I assume it's the instant oats?
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Try the 95% cut ground beef then season with a touch of seasoning salt, garlic powder, mustard powder and onion powder. It tastes great.

I eat the bison when i am in the states. I like it but nothing matches the GB for me :)
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Actually if you're looking for a veggie burger, the Morningstar Black Bean Burgers are pretty good if you char them to the point on the order of ground zero at Los Alamos. The biggest problem is to make them "taste" somewhat like beef, they load 'em up with tons of sodium. I think the real thing would be better than licking the Bonneville Salt Flats clean.

Saw it above, Morningstar not Gardenburger.
  • MIKE1SS
    Options
    the 95% lean dont always taste too good but I like the ideas you had Thanks
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    venison (deer). Not sure you can get this in a store. We kill our own and process it. Maybe you should take up hunting.

I have a freezer full of venison, but none of it ground. just doesn't work and dries too easily. all the stuff you would use for ground, I cube for stew, strip for fajitas, etc. like has been said, just fit it into your daily plan. no need to screw with a good beef burger.