Those last 100 calories of the day.

Options
I always find myself with around 100 calories that I need to eat to get to my minimum calories. Besides the obvious apple or orange, what do you like to have to top up your calories for the day? I've went with a fudge bar or a few midgie tootsie rolls but I really don't want to eat a bunch of sugar right before bed. So, any ideas?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    A few almonds fill me up before bed - you don't need too many and they are very satisfying.
    Or a hot chocolate (or iced chocolate) with skim milk if you have room for the sugar.
  • endowd
    endowd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just had a mini bag of Smart Pop popcorn. Sometimes I sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on it, and a little parmesan cheese is also good.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i would say hot chocolate but not if you are avoiding sugar, how about a nice mug of warmed milk?
  • makes1
    makes1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Michelob Ultra , 95 Empty Useless Calories , but hey you'll sleep better
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If by minimum you mean 1200 then I have a double protein shake with coconut milk. I never let myself stay below 1200. If by minimum you mean the general needs+exercise cals, then I let that slide. Unless I'm hungry- then I'll have a half serving of protein shake before bed.

By the time it's time for bed I'm too tired to even chew so drinking works for me.
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a cocoa with those extra calories.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra , 95 Empty Useless Calories , but hey you'll sleep better

I like the way you think. :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp of peanut butter is 100 calories.
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A glass of skim milk is about 100 calories. that's what i always go for
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Options hot chocolate with a shot of VSOP brandy. Yummy. It's my treat and it's only 105 calories :smile:
  • nanfarb
    Options
    I like the Kraft String 2% milk sticks. They are 70 cal.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    skim milk or cheese for the calcium
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Celery with a tbsp of peanut butter. A cup of blueberries, or other berry. 2 Clementines. Carrots with 2 TBSP hummus. A tiny portion of nuts or trail mix.
  • Chelsea_Laura
    Options
    A hard boiled egg is around 80 calories, depending on the size.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Consult your inner child -- warm almond milk with some cinnamon and vanilla extract alongside some celery stuffed with PB2 and jelly ;)
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like to have a cup of herbal tea with half a cup of skim milk added (obviously not a terribly acidic/fruity tea or it will curdle - usually i go with chamomile or peppermint, which is yummy with some milk added). It fills me up, warms me up and usually makes me pass out stone cold.
  • PagalM
    PagalM Posts: 19
    Options
    I usually will do a cup of vanilla almond milk (90 cal) with a splash a cinnamon.
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of skim milk or eat a couple cookies (they're small and only 50 cal each).
  • Smithvalerie
    Smithvalerie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I often do a protein shake. I was told that it will help keep the metabalism going while I sleep. Which in turn will help me lose more weight while at rest. I wake up often through out the nite hungry. Howvever, while doing the shake I do not wake up hungry at all. My shakes are 100 calories as well. Hope this helps.:glasses:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Every night I have a cup of Diet Cocoa & a Nature Valley Granola thin.