All I want to do today is EAT........

Options
I have been following my diet for the last 10 days and so far doing fabulous and staying at my daily allowance (not adding to with my exercise calories) but today i seemed to have hit a block, I've had porridge for breakfast and normally would feel full after, however today all i wanna do is eat and munch not on anything particular just don't feel full, Im wondering if anyone else gets days like this and if so how do you cope with them? So far I've made myself a coffee and managed to stay away from the kitchen but Im not sure how much longer i can keep going before i crack!!!

Replies

• fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    yes, there are definitely days where I am hungrier than others. I think you stated in your post that you are not eating back your exercise calories--you should (at least some). MFP has already accounted for a deficit in your calories if you were to just eliminate food, but when you exercise you create an even bigger deficit. Your body needs calories for energy. If your body is telling you it's hungry listen to it. Add a few healthy wholesome snacks so you don't feel like you're starving. I usually add an orange and greek yogurt to my days when I am super hungry.
  • countingitall
    countingitall Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I get thous days also. Hard to make healthy choices these days. Try hard. And I agree listen to your body you need food. So hard to do this when your mind is in the place of lose eat less lose.....
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Ah we all get days like that!!!

My solutions have been....

Low cal snacks. Ones that I use are carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, dry-popped corn, sugar free jelly.
    Eat high protein foods and avoid sugar. The protein will keep you feeling satiated for longer (make a giant tuna salad, which wont come up with much cals and will look huge and fill your stomach!).

But my favourite cure is to go out for a walk, look in some shops and get distracted!

xxx
  • demhareis
    Options
    Also consider WHY you get a day like that.

For me, if it's That Time of the Month, I find myself wanting to DEVOUR!!11!!eleventyone!!!

And for the one day, I let it. Then the next day, once that initial monthly madness is over, I can go back to my usual diet'n'exercise routine. Fighting it leads to misery, and I know it's only one day. Experience tells me the next day I'm stronger and I'll be fine.

Sometimes, I get The Cravings just as you described, where a sensible meal is not enough. Then I must stop and think; It's not TTotM. What else is causing me to WantFoodNow? Did I get too much exercise yesterday, and this is my body complaining over burning of it's hard-earned fat savings account? Am I having emotional issues, and is this my body trying to fill in the little hole of unhappiness in my heart with food? Am I lacking in a particular vitamin or mineral and this is my body trying to compensate?

Giving in to The Craving without understanding it is a sure recipe for disaster. Determining the cause (if possible) can help me determine the best way to approach The Craving. Too much exercise means I should seek out good nutritional choices. Emotional issues means get away from the food and seek out a friend. Et cetera.

A touch of meditation can help give you a good course of action for dealing with The Craving.
  • poponastick302
    poponastick302 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, the chances are that it's best for you to... well, eat. Other posters have given excellent advice - a fair serving of low-calorie snacks (just in case you decide to binge, at least it isn't too bad), or if you think you can be strict on your serving size, something more filling keep you satisfied.

I find that when I think I'm hungry, it's just psychological. I feel the need to chew something. So, go for low-calorie or just chew some sugar-free gum!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    and staying at my daily allowance (not adding to with my exercise calories)

Sorry, I'm not clear, are you saying you are NOT eating your exercise calories?

If you are not, then start.
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm always like that when TOM is about to drop by for a visit.