40 is around the corner and need support

Options
I will be hitting the big 40 this year, and I can remember telling myself that I had time to loose weight, or I will start next month etc, you all know the drill, I really need to change and make it my goal to loose 40lbs by the time I hit 40. I have to October to "get r done" and really need some support and friends to help me along the way. please add me if you will help :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    33 weeks to go until 3rd of October!!

33 lbs to go until 3rd of October!!

That's 1lb a week girl, I believe in you!
  • Dobesrule
    Options
    I will be 40 in April. Will send you friend request. You can totally reach your goal by your bday! Good luck.
  • cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will also be turning 40 in April, and am in week 2 of a 12 week challenge (personal challenge) to get as close as I can to my goal.
    We can do this!!!
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in may. have about 13 pounds to go to reach my goal. You can add me. :wink:
  • dicove
    dicove Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks for all the wishes, I need the help
  • KP5555
    KP5555 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and new to MFP and my goal is 40 pounds also.... I'll send a request.... These extra pounds need to go away...
  • puff31
    Options
    Hey there. I will also be 40 on my next birthday and could also use the motivation and support foment people our age. Please feel free to add me. GOOD LUCK AND YOU GO GIRL!!!
  • Sandra82874
    Options
    I will not be 40 until 2014 but I will send you a friends request and try to help as much as i can GOOD LUCK to everyone
  • E1022
    E1022 Posts: 3
    Options
    Well, I have already pasted the 40 mark, but not by much. It is great to feel good and be in shape as you get older...that way you don't feel older. LOL Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Kathleen_Hays
    Options
    You can ABSOLUTELY do it! I'm a 51-year-old, post-menopausal, grandmother of 8, and I'm doing it - so I know you can! All it takes is determination and a goal. You have both - so go for it! :-)
  • Jus_BN_Kim
    Options
    My 4.0 is in November... you can do! Stay motivated and moving!!!
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    my goal is to be "FIT for 40" also I too am on the quest to lose 40 lbs... my birthday is in July and started in January. I have lost (before using MFP) 2.5 and only have been using MFP for a little over a week. i currently stopped smoking too 6 weeks smoke free today :). With hard work and focus, anything can be accomplished!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in November....hoping to go into my 40s at the same weight I was in my 20s! Still got a ways to go though! =)
  • carpp107
    Options
    I turned 40 in October...made the decision to change my lifestyle the previous February (2011) before my 40th.........To date I'm down 89 pounds and feel great....Lots of support on this site and I'm sure you will make your goal.....The two most important factors in your pursuit will be consistency and discipline......hold yourself accountable to the lifestyle and the weight will fall off!!!!!!
  • dicove
    dicove Posts: 36
    Options
    So for all of you out there....how long does it take for the tiredness and cravings to go away? I want to eat a small elephant around 10pm, and my stomach is rumbling....I eat well through the day but never seam to feel full :grumble:
  • Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in November and determined to be at my goal weight, please feel free to add me would be great to support each other :flowerforyou:
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in May, and like you I want to start my fab 40s at a much happier weight! Feel free to add me.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    40?
    You're just a kid - lol
  • tuppence41
    Options
    Life begins at 40....I'm 41 and loving it. Goodluck with your weightloss!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last year. Feel free to add me and we can support each other.