Finally after no loss...something that works

Options
I wanted to share with folks out there what has finally worked for me!

I lost about 20 lbs over a year ago and have had little to no progress- even with changing my lifestyle in many ways. I exercise regularly, eat healthy...

Anyway, I have added protein powder to my shakes (not even that much or every day) and immediately I started loosing again. After constant no real loss for a long time trying many things and no other changes I have lost 2 lbs over the last week or so! So...if you need something to try- I would try protein!

Good luck- thanks for everyones input and encouragement!

Replies

• beach_chelle
    Options
    I was thinking about that I have stalled and working really hard, thanks for sharing!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to introduce them to see if it speeds things up a little x
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    The same worked for me when I hit a plateau a few months ago. I was already using protein, but not on rest days. Starting having a shake on rest days too and started losing again. A little tip my boss/trainer gave me.
  • kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know the science behind this? I don't know much about the powder, I bought some last week for a specific recipe and don't really know how to incorporate it into daily life. I'm not usually a powdered-nutrition type person, but am open to some ideas.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Does anyone know the science behind this? I don't know much about the powder, I bought some last week for a specific recipe and don't really know how to incorporate it into daily life. I'm not usually a powdered-nutrition type person, but am open to some ideas.

I was told the science behind it, but my eyes tend to glaze over when people go scientific on me. I really just wanted to add that I do not use protein shakes as meal replacement. I add them to my regular eating. Exercise calories burned help on the 5-6 days a week I work out, but on rest days it puts me slightly over my goal. It has not hurt my weight loss.
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    question - before adding protein powder, were you not getting much protein in your diet?
  • skinny4summer12
    Options
    what protein powder are you using, i am going to give this a try
  • sara42066
    sara42066 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is very slow....I have never tried the shakes... what kind of shakes do you use, and what kind of protein powder?
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    question - before adding protein powder, were you not getting much protein in your diet?

I am vegetarian but I do eat some yogurt, beans, and cheese/cottage cheese. I also use soy protein products to try to get what I need but I think I was still not eating enough.

Also- the one I have been using is called Spiru-tein Whey- I am not sold on it just trying a few out still. I tried one that was the most natural but it didn't mix well or taste so good so this one does taste good in a smoothie and mixes better while still being more natural than some of the others out there. I am certainly interested in any recommendations!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options

I am vegetarian but I do eat some yogurt, beans, and cheese/cottage cheese. I also use soy protein products to try to get what I need but I think I was still not eating enough.

Also- the one I have been using is called Spiru-tein Whey- I am not sold on it just trying a few out still. I tried one that was the most natural but it didn't mix well or taste so good so this one does taste good in a smoothie and mixes better while still being more natural than some of the others out there. I am certainly interested in any recommendations!

One more thing to add- since I do feel like I eat quite a bit of protein, and as the stuff is kind of expensive I have only been about half the one serving packet each day or dividing it into 3 days. So it seems- a little more protein may go a long way!
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! This post has motivated me to try this. I'm not used to protein powders and hoping that I can mix a small amount in with oatmeal without a weird taste.
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What powder are you using?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!