I dont like to work out, please help

Options
13»

Replies

• Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one (I HATE sweating) & I dread going to a gym now. but what I DO like is dancing. I have a dance mix on the ipod (Pitbull, Black Eyed Peas, P!nk, LMFAO) & I dance like a fool in the kitchen. Lots of my dancing is squats & leg lifts but it gets my heart rate up.
    I also saw last week to think about exercise as earning extra calories for the food you want to eat...that has helped me too. If I want to eat the chocolate or yogurt with granola I need to earn it
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    omg yes Zumba rocks..i use to take it at my local gym but then days got shorter and colder so i bought the videos and did them at home, Now the i have my kiddies Zumba all over the place. it's fun, you learn to dance, you go at your pace and comfortableness... I've Lost 12 LBS Zumba w/Beto and his crew!! no i've taking up jogging too!
  • dahvishont02
    dahvishont02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You sound like me!! My husband and I are always apart, I want to boo love when we are together. LOL. Suggestion: Tell him how you feel and get him on the bandwagon too. My husband will work out with me or comment on how sexy I look working out. LOL
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    http://cbeinfo.net/images/toobusytoexercise.jpg

Feel free to download this image and post it wherever you wish — fridge, your own website, tattoo (!)

:smile:
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I hated working out too. People kept talking about Zumba and how much fun it is so I bought the DVD's so that I could do them at home. Now I can't wait to get home and do my Zumba. You try so hard to dance like they do, that sometimes you forget that you are exercising.
  • meanbmc
    Options
    i really hate to work out, and due to healthy issues i can't work out. but i can walk, just a little bit at a time. so i got leslie sansome's walk away the pounds. a mile takes about 15 minutes, in my living room. it's fast, easy, and when i want. i burn some calories, and when i'm doing losing weight, i'll look good. so, i force myself. it's actually getting kind of fun. and i feel good afterwards., it's all about choices, they're yours to make. good luck!
  • flowjeanjenkins
    Options
    I found this place with huge trampolines where you can go and play dodgeball and take aerobic trampoline classes. I don't like to work out either so every week I'm trying to find other things to do. For instance, going grocery shopping and then cleaning out my fridge, jumping on a huge trampoline with friends, or window shopping. I find that doing things that aren't necessarily labeled as 'working out' helps a ton. Being active doesn't mean you have to spend hours in the gym. Maybe go swimming in the lake or dancing with friends. I try to mix it up as much as I can because for some reason, I associate repetitive activities with working out too.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Don't work out. But do more than you had been doing. It builds on itself. I am the King of lazy *kitten* and I now work out with some regularity. I did not before. Just do something.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I will bluntly say I do not like to work out. What do I do, where do I start? What will I like? I do not have a lot of friends to walk with or nothing like that. I like music, I do not have a gym membership. Is there a way to lose weight without working out? I'd love to hear from you, ideas, help needed.

just get into a weight lifting routine that uses the big compound movements.
    you'll be in and out in about 35mins... and you can just cut your weigh out with your diet.

lifting weights lets you keep your lean body mass (muscles) while losing fat.

so thats 35mins 3x a week, vs the hours other people get here with minimal results.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know I'm making excuses here, but I could use a hand too (and figured I could get some ideas from this thread so please pardon the hijack!). I live in an apartment with my bf and we both work, so when we're home, we just want to hang out with each other. I'm honestly a little embarrassed about the idea of sneaking in a workout via DVD or etc. when he's home, so I feel like I'd have to crunch it in when he's working long days and I get home earlier than him. I don't have the money for a gym membership. Do you guys have any thoughts??

I get a little shy around my BF too. I send him to the bedroom and generally he doesn't come out.
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 'exercise challenged' as well, but I push myself to walk everyday - whether it be outside or on a treadmill...plug in your iPod and pick a nice area outside if you can - along a river, through a nice park - you'd be amazed at how quickly the time goes by! I know myself well enough that I need to do something that is sustainable - I will never be a gym rat - it's just not my thing. But walking - that's something I KNOW will be easy to do for the rest of my life. Good luck!!!
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Have you considered dance classes? When I started dancing salsa, I dropped a ton of weight. I was going out dancing 5-6 days a week for at least 3 hours. It didn't seem like "exersise" but it is. It's exercise and it's fun.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think it helps alot to know what activities you like doing. For example, I dont like going to gym. Not because I dont like others judging me or anything, its just the thought of going all the way to gym and back and stuff that I dont like. I have a stationary bike at home I use for cardio + some dumbells that I use for strength training. I dont love it, but I dont hate doing it either. Maybe you shoudl take the time to find your favorite activity too? Remember, workouts dont mean just hitting the gym, you can also find activities like player football or hockey or anything that just makes you move and it'll be your excercise!