I'm not going to shame myself into being skinny.

Options
I suffer from guilt.... and shame.

How did I get so fat? How did I get so lazy? How the hell am I going to fix this?

I can tell you what I'm NOT going to do.

I'm not going to post fat pictures of me . I'm not going to starve myself to punish my body. I'm not going to work out to the point of throwing up, falling over, or having a heart attack.

I'm not going to look at pictures of me when I was anorexic. 103 pounds is a bad look for someone who is 5'7.

I'm not going call myself disgusting. I'm not going to pick out all my flaws in the mirror. I'm not going to make food the enemy.

I am not going to look at models whose bodies are so thin they are unattractive.

I am not going to compare myself to famous people who have " bounced back " after having babies.

I'm not going to " re-pin " things tagged with *Ana Support*, Thinspo, Thinspiration.

What I AM going to do:

I am going to eat well and work HARD for the body I want.

I am going to remember that strong is better than skinny.

I WILL remember that food is fuel.

I will remember that every bite is a choice. I HAVE to eat but I can make better choices.

I am ready to be healthy, fit and active.

How about you?

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    That. Was. Awesome.

:smile:
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    "don't compare your self to other people. Compare yourself to the person you were yesterday"

Keep it up:)
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    So wish we had a "love this post" button!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    That. Was. Awesome.

:smile:

Agreed!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    pink you are awesome....I'm glad I have you on my friend list! We need to lose about the same amount and your post is exactly how I feel.
  • MellyMartinson
    MellyMartinson Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    "don't compare your self to other people. Compare yourself to the person you were yesterday"

Keep it up:)
    Wow what a great post! Thank you for sharing!
  • Snubbleup
    Options
    Awesome post, thank you for sharing. Made my day!
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    Awesome Post!!! :flowerforyou:
  • funn_girl
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    WOW! FANTASTIC!!! Thank you!
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    This really hit me in the gut. I too have suffered from eating disorders, and it's not a pretty sight. Thank you for posting - I am printing this out and putting it up in my bathroom!
  • PhunkyBrewster
    Options
    This was so inspirational. We really do need to make a better effort to not fall into the trap of self pity or regard healthy living as a punishment. Today, I am going to prove how much I love myself by taking care of myself!
  • aworkma6
    Options
    I LOVE this. I am really struggling with shame and guilt right now. I feel guilty if I crave something not healthy, or I feel guilty if I even think about not going to the gym. I need to treat myself better!
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    OK
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :heart: Applause! :heart:

Eat well and exercise because it's a fantastic way to show how much you love yourself. It's not punishment... it's a reward.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    You know, it's perfect that you should post this right now, because I was just starting to lapse back into a depression that I thought was gone long ago, but for some reason is coming back. But I counted, and couldn't believe how much weight I gained because of that. I mean, how did I go into habits of just not giving a **** about what I ate and what I did with my body? I know I was in a low place, but it's no excuse. I think I still have some stuff that I need to work out on my own, but this is a very inspirational post, and I appreciate you posting it. :)
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Love your thinking!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    AMEN. Beautifully said. You are doing this a smart and healthy way and more people should follow your lead. <3
  • catundra75
    Options
    Yes. Thank you! Enough of the guilt and shame and self-loathing! Move on and move forward!!!